Bojonegoro, Indonesia – DFAT-funded Australia Indonesia Partnership – Tertiary Irrigation Technical Assistance (TIRTA)
Project Overview and Role
TIRTA (Tertiary Irrigation Technical Assistance) is one of the projects under the umbrella of AIP Rural Program. AIP-Rural aims to increase smallholder farmer incomes and competitiveness in a market-oriented manner through sustainable solutions.
TIRTA focuses exclusively at the tertiary irrigation level (including village systems), where some of the systemic failures are most evident. With a clear geographic coverage of eastern Indonesia in this phase, TIRTA will limit itself to the provinces of East Java, NTT and NTB. Out of these three provinces the main attention will be placed on East Java and within East Java, three districts (Tuban, Bojonegoro and Lamongan) have been chosen.
In July 2015, TIRTA started its operations in the three districts Bojonegoro, Tuban and Lamongan. There is a need for a Provincial Administration Officer (PAO) in the Bojonegoro office to ensure appropriate financial and administrative support to staff.
Applications close on 8th January 2017. Please apply via this link.
The post is open for Indonesian national only. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
This position is responsible for day-to-day operational and administrative tasks; this person will be expected to:
- Provide a high level of administrative support to the TIRTA Bojonegoro Office.
- Undertake receptionist duties including screening incoming phone calls and receiving visitors, vendors and deliveries in line with TIRTA policies and procedures.
- Maintain an efficient office documentation and filing structure in line with the TIRTA filing system
- Oversee the day-to-day maintenance of the provincial office and its facilities.
- Prepare requests for monthly office utilities and consumables based on an approved budget that is checked and approved by the Office Manager.
- Assist the PRISMA Office Manager in procuring goods and services for the provincial office – including preparing tender documents, finding potential vendors and getting quotations.
- Support and organise provincial events .
- Help prepare provincial level correspondence and communication, for example collecting data reports.
- Arrange provincial level activities.
- Raise potential health and safety risks to the HR Manager in Surabaya and Deputy Team Leader and communicate these effectively to all staff where requested.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum a Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in handling administration duties in an organisation of similar size and scale.
- Proven ability in handling multiple tasks effectively under heavy time and work pressure.
- Proven ability to plan and manage schedules, files/databases and working materials as well as to maintain confidentiality of documents and information.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Able to develop simple budgets for events
Desirable skills and experience:
- Over three years working experience in administration and experience working with local government.
- Experience in procurement.
- Lobbying & Negotiation skills.
- Experience in organizing and managing events.