The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Find out more on: www.ifrc.org
The International Federation-Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) invites applications from eligible candidates for the following position:
Senior Operation Officer
Classification Level: Senior Officer
Date of Issue : 28 December 2016
Date of Closing : 10 January 2017
Duty Station: Jakarta
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: 5 months
A 6.4 magnitude earthquake struck off Pidie Jaya District, province of Aceh in Sumatra Island, Indonesia, around 05:00h local time, on Wednesday 7 December 2016. Latest reports indicate that 101 human lives have been lost, with 857 people injured, of whom 304 required medical treatment. The earthquake caused damage to 11,668 houses and 187 public facilities. The authorities declared a provincial level state of calamity which is in place until 20 December while no international assistance has been requested. However, assistance by international actors with existing presence in Indonesia is welcome although not requested.
The IFRC-supported operation will support PMI in providing assistance in the areas of psychosocial support, health (first aid and deployment of emergency health unit), water (provision of safe water), sanitation (provision of emergency latrines), hygiene (focus on prevention of water and vector-borne diseases, including dengue), shelter (non-food items, emergency shelter items and shelter repair assistance), livelihoods (unconditional cash for immediate needs and livelihood recovery assistance) to some 5,000 affected persons in the province of Aceh.
Following an analysis of in-country capacity, the Jakarta Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) urgently seeks a senior operation officer to assist PMI in planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting of this operation.
The Senior Operations Officer will report to Operations Manager. The Senior Operations Officer will work along with PMI/HQ as well as PMI/Province level staff and volunteers in ensuring an effective and coordinated response as well as capture the key learnings of operations for future reference.
Job duties and responsibilities
· Supports Operations manager to cultivate, nurture and maintain relations with PMI and advise the National Society in the assessment, planning, implementation and management of the operation.
· Do needful communication to PMI/HQ as well as PMI/province level in order to ensure that expenditure relating to the operation.
This includes approved budget ceilings, in compliance with IFRC finance procedures and in line with donor earmarking requirements in consultation with Operations Manager and Senior finance manager
of IFRC/Jakarta Office.
· Support operations manager as well as PMI/HQ for monitoring to ensure that all activities outlined in the Plan of Action are achieved within set timeframes.
· Work with National Society in developing and implementing operational standards, tools and procedures that will ensure quality, consistency and sustainability of interventions.
· In consultation with the Organizational Development Manager of the CCST and relevant counterparts, ensure that implementation of the operation supports sustainable development of the implementing branch’s capacities.
· Support the National Society in strengthening cooperation and coordination with Movement partners to maximize effectiveness of support, creating an information-sharing environment and optimizing sharing of
resources under the emergency response.
· As delegated by Operations Manager, represent IFRC in coordination meetings and forums, including with international agencies, donors and other partners in National as well as Province level.
· Actively support communications, fundraising and community engagement/accountability efforts, and timely reporting.
· Support the NS in assessment of need, analysis, planning and implementation when necessary.
· Compile and collect operations information and prepare progress report regularly. Support the Operations Manager in preparation of operations updates/reports.
· Support implementing partner in preparing financial report and ensure working advance report is submitted on the monthly basis with all required documents in compliance to existing policies/procedures.
· University Bachelor degree in any discipline.
· Relevant training of qualifying experience (Particularly in Disaster Response, Recovery and DRR).
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in Disaster Response, Recovery and disaster risk reduction in Indonesia.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in Planning, implementation, Monitoring and reporting.
· Experience in development of case studies, success stories for knowledge management perspective is preferred.
· Experience in budget management.
· Experience working with the Red Cross Red Crescent movement is preferred.
· Self-supporting in computer (windows, spreadsheets, word processing).
· Scopes of coordination, different platform of coordination in Indonesia for disaster response, recovery and DRR at national to local level.
· Designing and facilitation of training and lessons learnt workshop.
· Writing skills.
· Master the tools and skills in participatory approaches including assessment, programme planning and participatory monitoring and management.
· Fluently spoken and written English.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply. Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae to: Indonesia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate on the subject heading: Senior Operation Officer