Post Title : CSR and Corporate Volunteer Program Manager
Post Level : Manager Level J
Contract Duration : 12 months with extension
Base of assignment : Jakarta
Report to : Program Coordinator American Red Cross
The American Red Cross (Amcross) helps vulnerable people around the world to prevent, prepare for and respond to disasters, complex humanitarian emergencies and life-threatening health conditions. It is a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and works closely with Palang Merah Indonesia (PMI). Currently Amcross supports programs in Aceh, Jakarta, West and Central Java, Bali and NTB. Amcross works with the Indonesia Red Cross (PMI) focusing on 2 program sectors: Disaster Management, and Organizational Development.
A new initiative developed by PMI and AmCross is the Corporate Volunteer Project. PMI, with support from the American Red Cross (ARC), has implemented a Corporate Volunteer Pilot Project from October 2013 – June 2016 in which enabled PMI producing some of materials such as Corporate Volunteers Management Guideline and five training curriculum that are specifically developed to serve the corporate employees. The project was implemented in four branches in DKI Jakarta and Bali Province and we plan to continue with the second phase near the future.
This project aims to strengthen innovative capacity, practices, and resources from corporate sector by enhancing corporate volunteer system to improve the operational and program effectiveness of the Indonesian Red Cross while also enhance greater business resilient and sustainability of the Corporate Sector. The strategic objective of this initiative will be to enhance existing and create new forms of volunteerism from the private sector through collaborative corporate social responsibility (CSR), to improve operational and program systems implementation.
The American Red Cross is currently looking for a CSR and Corporate Volunteer Program Manager to be based in Jakarta office for one year (possibilities for extension) with experience to work with PMI and business association (AMCHAM, KADIN, APINDO, etc.), and their members to assist increase and strengthen PMI’s volunteer network from the corporate sector. These volunteers are company employees, who are in direct contact with their respective communities, in the areas they live and work. It is the objective of PMI to ensure they serve as an important resource when emergencies or disasters strike their communities, as part of a response-ready group of trained PMI volunteers
The CSR-Corporate Volunteer Program Manager will work directly with PMI and AmCross on a broad range of Partnership, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities and tasks, to achieve the above goal.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The position reports directly to the Country Representative of American Red Cross and has the following main responsibilities:
1. To support a well-coordinated Indonesia Red Cross (PMI) project development and management approach that facilitates technical capacities from the corporate sector to more formally and consistently participate with PMI through:
a) Refining the Corporate Volunteer Management Guideline and Training Curriculum Materials and Modules
b) Capacity building to PMI volunteers/staff to interface with corporate sectors (management and staff); to corporate employees regarding how PMI works/business operation system in regular as well as in response.
c) Coordinate with other ARC program staff to try to interface and/or actively participate in PMI/ARC/other PNS/ and/or IFRC project activities as a professional level volunteer resource (e.g. Regional Hub and Greater Jakarta projects etc.)
2. To increase resource mobilization, including professional level volunteers, who contribute to improving PMI systems, programs and volunteer networks and other corporate contributions (financial and non-financial) for PMI through:
a. Development of specialized corporate cluster groups of PMI volunteers from national/multinational companies (e.g. IT/ Communications; finance; logistics, etc.).
b. Develop specific tasks description, systems improvements, disaster response simulation, campaigns and/or opportunities to utilize corporate volunteers for operations and program purposes.
c. Assist PMI to develop an advocacy plan/strategy for corporate resource development that is applicable at PMI Pusat and chapters.
d. Conduct advocacy activities to Private Sector Association (i.e. KADIN, APINDO, and AMCHAM) and national/multinational companies.
3. To continue to evolve and develop, including documentation of process, materials, and approach etc. of a professional level cadre of volunteers specifically from the corporate sector that can be scaled up with other PNSs in Indonesia and / or in other countries most likely with IFRC involvement.
4. To manage day to day operation of project implementation, including quarterly/monthly activity plan, cash forecast and cash transfer, regular reporting, and lease with PMI NHQ/Province/Districts as well as with M&E Manager to ensure the project monitoring, evaluation, and reporting are in place.
· Experience in Corporate Social Responsibility or Marketing and Communication.
· Experience in developing a curriculum or a training program
· Familiar with corporate sector and their interest in supporting humanitarian, volunteer and/or development processes and/or programs
· Good program management skills
· Experience in developing/managing public-private partnerships
· Good understanding of humanitarian, development issues and civil society
· Post graduate in social development, business administration, or other relevant study
• Knowledge/experience of Indonesian Red Cross and/or Red Cross Movement.
• Experience in volunteer management
• Understanding of human resource development – particularly related to working with PMI, consultants and others in adapting current volunteer curriculum related to orientation, disaster management and health approaches using corporate volunteers
• Excellent Communication Skills (both speaking and writing in Indonesian and English).
• Excellent in report writing skill (both speaking and writing in Indonesian and English) will be an advantage
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Innovative – ability to generate new ideas and propose new, more effective ways of doing things particularly related to CSR and public/private partnerships
• Good computer skills
• Public speaking