ChildFund is an international child focused development agency working in 33 countries to create lasting and meaningful change in the lives of more than 10.5 million vulnerable, deprived and excluded children, families and communities, regardless of race, creed, gender or national origin. In Indonesia ChildFund has been operating for 34 years since 1973, in areas where the need is the greatest and currently reaches out to 900,000 children and family members in partnership with 50 local NGOs spread across 8 provinces. For more information please visit www.childfund.org.
ChildFund Indonesia is currently seeking:
Position : Project Finance Officer
Reporting to : Country Finance Manager
Based in : Jakarta
One-year contract with possibility extension based on performance
and project duration.
· Responsible for local partners’ budget and cash flow management duties to include fund release request preparation, coordination and supervision of cash forecast requirements, assisting in the development of ASPs and grant proposal budget, review of local partners’ annual plans, and optimal utilization of funds.
· Monitor the local partner’ compliance with policies, procedures and regulations; in partnership Assurance Officer and Finance Manager, implement corrective action measures on local partners audit, monitor findings/recommendations and prepare quarterly status reports.
· Ensure local partners’ compliance with terms and conditions in LoA, including monthly bank balance reporting requirements, compliance with procurement policy, and immediate notification of deviations to NO Finance management.
· Conduct joint monitoring visits to local partners’ activities, follow-up on corrective actions taken required and reporting requirements to national office.
· Review and verify financial documents of local partners’ quarterly to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, policy and donors requirements.
· Responsible for assisting local partners and staff on finance manual requirements, capacity building for finance staff on finance activities in compliance with policy and procedures; and recommends systems improvements.
· In partnership with national office finance management, assist local partners in bank account and signature requirements.
· Responsible for review and analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports of local partners, ensure donor reporting requirement compliance, and records management for audit and review requirements.
· Prepares monthly funding request and submits it for timely funding to support the activities.
· Maintains and ensures compliance with ChildFund internal control procedures and donor requirements for the Area and cost-sharing.
· Oversees procurement in the Area and in the Federation ensuring value for money, timeliness, and efficient transportation and delivery.
· Participates in preparing the Area annual budget in conformance with the strategic plan.
· Reviews all payments against approved budget.
· Prepares accurate bank reconciliation for all the Area accounts and carries out monthly bank reconciliation. Monitors all project accounts to ensure that funds are appropriately applied and utilized.
· Maintaining up-to-date records, insurances, assets inventory, and related activities.
· Maintenance and settlement of rental, utility bills for the Area office and other related offices.
· Coordinate the process of sourcing, purchasing, and supplying goods to the program.
· Maintain all necessary files with regards to general office administration.
· Maintain office equipment at the Area office.
· Oversee usage of vehicles, fuel, vehicle maintenance, and general routine maintenance of office equipment and general cleanliness.
· Other duties as assigned.
· 5 years’ experience.
· Demonstrated experience in finance, accounting/bookkeeping activities, auditing, business administration, or related field. Experience in an organization with UN/EU/USG Grants Standard Provisions and Financial Requirements preferable.
· Experience in budget preparation and office administration in an international NGO or organization preferable.
· Experience and proficiency on financial software and reporting systems.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs including Excel, Word and Outlook.
· Self-guided, strong organizational and planning skills; Ability to work independently and under pressure.
· Ability to manage interpersonal relations and work effectively with others, to establish and maintain good working relations in a multicultural, multiethnic environment while showing sensitivity and respect for diversity.
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English; fluency in a local language (French, Spanish or Portuguese) required.
Bachelor’s or higher-level degree preferred and/or equivalent relevant work experience in lieu of degree. CPA or ACCA preferred
This position is opened for Indonesian national only.
ChildFund requires electronic lodgement of applications.
To apply, please click on the following link:
(and look for career opportunities/International Operations/Project Finance Officer- Jakarta-Indonesia)