Founded in 1979, ACF International (Action Against Hunger) is an international non-governmental, non-religious, and non-profit making organization that delivers programmes in over 45 countries. Recognized worldwide as a leader in the fight against hunger, our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflicts. ACF had been now developed into ACF International network with headquarters in France, Spain, Canada, UK and USA.
ACF has been active in the NTT district since 2007 since its first established in 1999 in Indonesia in cooperation and partnership with the Ministry of Health, local authorities and stakeholders. Around 40 networks have benefited from a renovation, as have water sources and wells. In the Kupang District, ACF now implements a range of integrated community based programs in Nutrition and Care practices, Food Security, Water Sanitation & Hygiene, Emergency response and DRR/Climate Change Adaptation going from relief to recovery in order to address effectively the population’s needs.
Under the current activities of our program in Kupang District, East Nusa Tenggara Province, a key area to focus is to support the capacity building of local authorities, community, include local NGO to improve the capacity to replicate key activities on their own future. To actualize this, ACF is now seeking a good candidate to fill the position of “Hygiene Promotion Supervisor”, with the following:
Action Contre La Faim - International
3 -9 Months
Kupang, Nusa Tenggara Timur
Hygiene Promotion Supervisor is accountable to the Wash Program Manager. The Hygiene Promotion Supervisor is responsible for ensuring and evaluating the sustainablility of the hygiene and sanitation projects through the development of local competences and to link with related authorities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Capacity building on community based program in coordination with other supervisor and program manager
2. Develop training module in Indonesia and English on community mobilization and community based programs
3. Develop training curriculum on funding mechanism and delocalization process and provide this training to local communities.
4. To support the ACF team in implementing the community approach as part of the ongoing program
5. To implement STBM in the locations of intervention in accordance with government policy
6. Supervision of the Hygiene promotion activities
7. Project management
8. Train the ACF team and make sure they transmit message clearly to the community
9. Coordination and Evaluation with other NGO's related to community development work
1. Demonstrated experience developing training curriculum on funding mechanism
2. Demonstrated experience supervising the Hygiene Promotion Activities
3. Demonstrated high quality interpersonal, written & verbal communication and diplomacy skills.
2. Knowledge of Hygiene and Environmental Health
3. Competence in the fields of water, sanitation and hygiene
4. Competence in trainings organization and implementing participative approaches
5. Analytical mind and global approach
6. An ability to interact effectively with people, attentive and open mindedness
7. High quality spoken and written English and Bahasa Indonesia
1. Demonstrated experience in humanitarian projects.
As part of the covering letter, applicants will need to address the Selection Criteria (max. 2 Pages) plus provide and update CV (max. 3 pages) with at least 2 professional referees.
Only shortlisted Applicants will be notified. Please include job Title in email subject. A detail Job Description will be provided to shortlisted candidates.
Application Submission via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
before 30 January 2017.
HUMAN RESOURCES UNIT
ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM ACF-Indonesia