(Location: Surabaya: Short Term: 6 months)
Project Overview and Role
Promoting Rural Income through Support for Markets in Agriculture (PRISMA) is an ambitious rural development program funded by the Australian Government which aims to contribute to a 30%, or more, increase in net incomes for 300,000 poor rural female and male farmers by December 2018. PRISMA focuses on eastern Indonesia (EJ, NTB, NTT, Papua and West Papua), and is the one of the largest Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) program in the world. It is part of the larger Australian-funded rural development umbrella program (AIP-Rural) that includes irrigation (TIRTA), applied science (ARISA), and financing (SAFIRA). PRISMA is managed by Palladium on behalf of the Australian Government.
Applications close on 8th February 2017. Please apply via this link.
The post is open for Indonesian national only. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Under the supervision of the Head of Portfolio, the Project Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to the project team, and handle additional tasks when asked to do so.
The Project Assistant will be doing actual supporting tasks with business implications. Therefore, the applicant can expect to learn valuable real-life professional skills and work-ethics.
Specifically, this person will be expected to:
· Undertake all administrative travel arrangements for PRISMA team members and external consultants if needed based on Palladium standard travel policies and procedures including but not limited to:
o Provide travel information and advice (best route, options, availability, etc)
o Manage travel queries, requests, revisions, and cancelations from the team
o Manage travel request forms in the IT system
o Liaise and follow up with Administration Officer and/or travel agent(s) to fulfil the team’s travel needs
o Manage travel cost reimbursements (paperwork, payment tracking, etc)
o Prepare and process documents (e.g. Activity Request, Purchase Request) in the IT system based on the team’s requirements.
· Support invoice processing as directed by the Task Leader, including but not limited to the following:
o Receive and process invoices and receipts related to intervention activities
o Check the invoice and receipts for basic compliance issues
o Liaise with providers, consultants, HRD, and Finance to follow up on the invoice
o Managing evidences and data collection materials from impact assessment surveys
· Support event project logistics as directed by the Task Leader, including but not limited to the following:
o Assist in arranging meetings both externally and internally
o Assist in arranging program events, such as trainings, meeting, and workshops
o Assist Provincial Manager’s events (hotel & transport arrangements, preparing and distributing attendance list, and prepare finance/advance use report)
· Perform other supporting tasks as required by the Head of Portfolio.
Essential skills and experience:
· Good attention to details
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Effective verbal and written communication
· Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
· Proficient with basic mathematics and simple budgeting
· Proactive, initiative, creative, and able to structure things logically
· Comfortable working with IT systems and Microsoft Office applications
· Able to plan and manage schedules, files/database while keeping confidentiality of documents and information.
· Able to prioritize and work effectively under pressure
· Good time management skills
· Diploma holder with at least 2 years of experience or Bachelor degree with at least 1 year of experience
Desirable skills and experience:
· Experience in managing travel arrangement· Experience in manage and organize event/activity