Swisscontact (www.swisscontact.org), the Swiss non-profit organisation engaged in co-operation for private sector development, will implement the Regional Tourism Development Program – WISATA Phase II as part of the Indonesian Swiss Development Cooperation. The program aims at increasing competitiveness of selected tourism destination in order to create income and job opportunities for the local population in the tourism sector.
For program activities in Central Kalimantan, Swisscontact is looking for enthusiastic and independent professionals in the following field of expertise Junior Program Officer Internal Destination Development for Tanjung Puting.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist local tourism businesses associations to improve their internal organisation and services to its members as well as to strengthen a local Resource Network to offer skills training and coaching for the tourism sector;
- Support the local SMK by developing curricula with specific functions in hospitality industry, and introducing the curricula through training of teacher.
- Team player and leader with strong communicational, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Good command of written and spoken English, excellent computer skills (MS office);
- Minimum of three years working in the same field. Especially experience in tourism/hospitality sector, and/or vocational education and training;
- Working experience within a development organization/NGO or similar experience preferred;
- University degree in relevant field of study (those lacking the stated educational requirements but having an excellent track record are encouraged to apply);
- Interest in development work and eco-tourism;
- Excellent work ethic, self-starter and flexibility in schedule, strong interpersonal skills, pro-active, independent, assertiveness;
- Background experiences dealing with small-medium enterprises as well as vocational schools;
- Practical experiences with project planning, implementation and monitoring
- Preferred applicants from the local area (Central Kalimantan);
- Willing to relocate to Pangkalan Bun, Central Kalimantan for selected applicants who are not residing in Central Kalimantan.