Swisscontact (www.swisscontact.org), the Swiss non-profit organisation engaged in co-operation for private sector development, will implement the Regional Tourism Development Program – WISATA Phase II as part of the Indonesian Swiss Development Cooperation. The program aims at increasing competitiveness of selected tourism destination in order to create income and job opportunities for the local population in the tourism sector.
For program activities in Sulawesi, Swisscontact is looking for enthusiastic and independent professionals in the following field of expertise Junior Program Officer Education and Market Linkage for Makassar, South Sulawesi.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Destination Management Organisations of Toraja and Wakatobi to effectively link their tourism products to the national market via Makassar Tour Operators;
- Building-up and maintaining Tour Operator Network in Makassar;
- Assist PolTekPar Makassar with development and introduction of curricula in destination management in their diploma program, organizing visiting scholars/guest lecturers and staff/student exchanges;
- In addition assist the selected SMKs in South and South East Sulawesi to adjust and apply a hospitality training curriculum meeting the industry’s needs.
- Team player and leader with strong communicational, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Good command of written and spoken English, excellent computer skills (MS office);
- Minimum of three years working in the same field. Especially experience in tourism/hospitality sector, and/or development work with vocational schools;
- Working experience within a development organization/NGO or similar experience preferred;
- University degree in relevant field of study (those lacking the stated educational requirements but having an excellent track record are encouraged to apply);
- Interest in development work and eco-tourism;
- Excellent work ethic, self-starter and flexibility in schedule, strong interpersonal skills, pro-active, independent, assertiveness;
- Background experiences dealing with small-medium enterprises as well as community involvement;
- Practical experiences with project planning, implementation and monitoring
- Preferred applicants from the local area (Makassar-South Sulawesi);
- Willing to relocate to Makassar-South Sulawesi for selected applicants who are not residing in Makassar-South Sulawesi.