Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
Kopernik is currently hiring analysts who will provide a range of services as part of the Last Mile Consulting service and other strategic initiatives.
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline such as development studies, economics or business administration.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Indonesian.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Advanced computer skills with fluency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Impact and data focused.
- A can-do and collaborative mind set – comfortable with the ambiguities and demands of a rapidly evolving work environment.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- High energy levels.
- A commitment to Kopernik’s values and reaching underserved communities.
- Willingness to travel to remote communities.
- 2-5 years professional work experience. Business consulting and market research background an asset
- Prepare, coordinate, and conduct interviews with households and businesses.
- Host and accompany clients on field visits and help with interpretation as necessary.
- Other fieldwork related tasks as necessary.
Market Reasearch and Analysis:
- Conduct research on socio-economic status of particular geographic locations in Indonesia and other developing countries.
- Conduct market research on specific sectors – water, energy, education, housing, agriculture, IT, health, etc. - in Indonesia and other developing countries.
Data analysis and report writing:
- Clean and analyze data collected in the field.
- Interpret and summarize the findings in a succinct, visual way.
- Propose actionable recommendations to clients based on key findings.
- Interact with client on key issues.
- Liaise with and build partnerships with local government and relevant authorities.
- Develop new partnerships with local partners, academic partners, donors and technology producers.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to junior staff.
- Develop and prepare funding and partnership proposals.
- Respond to incoming correspondence from local partners, academic partners, donors and technology producers.
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the team and management.
- Monitor and evaluate Kopernik projects as required.
- Manage other strategic projects.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE JANUARY 23RD 2017
Only Candidate who send CV, cover letter and one minutes video explaining why they are perfect for the job via our website will be considered. Please visit our website: https://kopernik.