The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is a conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people. In Indonesia, TNC has been supporting improved natural resource planning and management for 25 years, including working with government, private sector, and local communities. We currently have an opening for:
ACCOUNTING AND OPERATIONS MANAGER
The Accounting and Operations Manager is responsible to direct the accounting activities which include consolidating, analyzing and interpreting financial data, in accordance with TNC policies and procedures and best practices in financial/organization management. S/he is also responsible for the tax administration and reporting. In addition, s/he conducts regular internal audit to site offices and work closely with the external auditor. S/he provides overall direction/leadership for all activities related to office management, central services, mailroom operations, central filing, telephone/public reception, events management and formalities/licenses processing for the Jakarta Office.
The Accounting and Operations Manager’s time allocation is as follows:
1. Direct accounting activities (50%)
- Develop, maintain and implement accounting process, system and procedures.
- Responsible for preparing or reviewing general ledger transactions to ensure accuracy and compliance of TNC financial reports, including GL reconciliation, journal adjustments and taking care of other requirements from WO relating to GL transactions
- Ensure sending of timely and accurate monthly consolidated financial reports including bank reconciliations to WO
- Provide valid, relevant and accurate financial and operating information on a timely basis to support the Finance and Operations Director in setting the goals, decision making and control the performance of TNC Indonesia.
- Facilitate financial monitoring of expenses from all site offices and assist the Finance and Operations Director in preparing financial overview.
- Serve as a liaison between the Jakarta office and all site offices to ensure compliance with internal and external financial, accounting and administrative policies and procedures.
- Provide batch coding for data input into BBCRM.
- Conduct regular visits to carry mini audit in all site offices, review accounting process, system and procedures and ensure that we fully adhere to TNC’s standard policies and procedures, donor intent and requirements and government regulations.
- Develop propose improvement of the process, system and procedures of any part of the system for which s/he believes could bring to a better improved internal control of TNC Indonesia.
- Serve as the liaison between the Audit Team of WO and TNC Indonesia units to ensure smooth audit process and ensures compliance with internal and external financial, accounting, and administrative policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the tax consultant on taxation issues.
- Verify and monitor to make sure that we fully comply with all Indonesia tax rules.
- Provide overall direction/ leadership for all activities as relates to office management (including but not limited to central administrative processes (facility management, telecommunications, general maintenance/repairs, central services, mailroom operations, central filing, telephone/public reception and/or printing), events management, formalities/licenses processing (expatriate permits, travel permits, etc.).
- Ensure that the safety plan within the working environment is well implemented
The time allocation is flexible and is subject to organization goals. The Accounting and Operations Manager reports to the Finance and Operations Director and is based in Jakarta, Indonesia
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration and 5 years' related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience with accounting principles, practices and regulations.
- Experience recruiting, supervising and developing staff.
- Experience with government regulations related to grants or contracts,
- Technical expert on complex accounting/financial issues. Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience monitoring for and ensuring compliance with organizational policy, applicable law and regulation, and finance/accounting/management best practice.
Please send your CV and application letter to email@example.com, not later than February 22, 2017. Please insert the position title you are interested to apply on the subject line. Visit www.nature.or.id to learn more about The Nature Conservancy Indonesia Program.