MSF is Médecins Sans Frontières /Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international independent humanitarian medical organization which aims to deliver emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare, offering assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation and whose actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of neutrality and impartiality as stated out in the MSF Charter.
MSF was present in Indonesia since 1995 to 2009 and after 5 years of absence, MSF is now finalizing negotiations with the Indonesian authorities to resume its activities in Indonesia.
The first operational project focuses on building a light and operational model addressing maternal and child health concerns in the Banten province with a special focus on adolescent health. In future, we might explore other medical areas for support in consultation with relevant actors based on health needs.
Job Vacancy :
Médecins Sans Frontières are now seeking for its Indonesia Mission a highly qualified candidate to fill in the following position: HR & Finance Manager (based in Jakarta).
The person will be :
• Advise the HRCo/ Country Director on set up (org chart) and update the project’s organizational chart and job descriptions
• In close coordination with the HRCo/ Country Director, calculate the HR operational needs and the associated budget in order to efficiently ensure the required sizing and capabilities of the mission and to facilitate budget following-up.
• Ensure hiring, carry out amendments and contract termination formalities for employees at project level, according to labour local laws, archiving and updating individual employee files, informing them on their rights and preparing all mandatory tax declarations, in order to ensure legal compliance..
• Assist the Country Director, and/or team leaders and supervisors to draw up annual holiday planning and staff shifts in order to forecast HR needs and to ensure HR availability for the project activities..
• Supervise/perform payroll procedures, ensuring that all data related to monthly salary calculation of national employees of the project are correctly entered in Homere (days off, unpaid leaves, sick leaves, overtime, salary advance, etc.), in order to ensure on time and accurate salary payments.
• Under supervision of the HR Coordinator/ Country Director, ensure indexation process of national staff salary grids in order to ensure internal equity, cost-of-living adjustments and the correct application of employment conditions in the project sites.
• Support, in close coordination with the HR Coordinator/ Country Director, the project line managers in detecting training needs, in properly evaluating people performance and in potential identification, in order to improve people capabilities, and their end results contribution to mission goals.
• Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the HRCo/ Country Director, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
• Together with the Country Director, support the line managers in implementing the internal communication policies in order to boost staff active participation and MSF commitment.
• In close collaboration with the Country Director/ HRCo, applies the administrative procedures part of any Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in force between local partners (eg. Ministry of Health, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Labour, etc.) and MSF.
• In close collaboration with the Country Director/ HRCo, looks for the best options to avoid and/or solve possible labour conflicts in the project.
• Ensures all staff in the Project (National, International, Regional, visits, etc.) is properly briefed and/or inducted.
• Is responsible for all movements and/or accommodation of staff in the Coordination and Project.
• Implement circuits and workflows (management of cash boxes, transfers, advances, purchase procedures, payment validations, follow up of regular payments, bank/cash reconciliation) in order to anticipate expenses at project level and to optimize cash needs and its security.
• Implement and supervise transactional procedures and systems in order to ensure transparent accounting practices and full documentary traceability (invoices, receipts, bank statements, etc.), following MSF guidelines and rules, and using the respective software in place.
• Ensures that monthly accountancy closure is taking place and controlled, with due quality and on due time.
• In close collaboration with the Country Director/ Finance Coordinator, analyse and follow up the project budget, in order to ensure that funds are used according to funding contracts and to proposing corrective action.
• Ensures all HR, Administrative and Financial reporting of the Project (Homère and FFC/SAGA monthly closure, sitreps, etc.)
- Desirable, degree in finance, management (business, HR) or administration.
- Essential 2 years’ experience in relevant jobs, in MSF or other INGO’s in developing countries.
- Fluent in English (active)
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet, power point)
- Desirable HR and Financial MSF software (Homère, SAGA)
- Essential; familiar and fully understand the Human Resources policy in Indonesia context (labour law, employee’s condition, expatriate, etc)
- Essential; familiar and fully understand the Finance System policy in Indonesia context especially related with International NGO policy (tax, bank registration, accounting system in Indonesia, etc).
• Behavioral Flexibility : Adapts behavior to the needs of the situation
• People Management and Development : Gives feedback and sets limits
• Teamwork and Cooperation : Encourages, engages and motivates people to work as a team
• Commitment to MSF principles : Demonstrates loyalty, awareness and respect for MSF’s values
• Result and Quality Orientation : Improves performance and sets ambitious and realistic goals
How to apply:
Please send your application : Cover Letter, Updated Curriculum Vitae including name, addresses, email address & phone number of 3 (three) referees, to HR MSF Indonesia via email : msf-jakarta-hrfinmanager@msf.
Applications will be considered until February 15, 2017 or until a suitable candidate is identified and selected. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.