Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
LOCATION: UBUD, BALI
Kopernik’s Solutions Lab is our dedicated team focusing on rapid experimentation of promising solutions. At the Solutions Lab we test innovative technologies that have the potential to improve the lives of those in the last mile. The technologies may be physical or Information Communication Technologies (ICT). We also test various behavioural insights which have the potential to solve long-standing problems in a very cost effective way.
The Analyst will work within the Solutions Lab team to implement experimental, technology distribution, emergency and customized (CSR) projects.
- Indonesian national;
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline such as development studies, social entrepreneurship or business administration;
- 2-5 years professional work experience. Project management, research and development background in the agriculture, water, sanitation & hygiene and energy sectors an asset;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- High energy levels;
- A commitment to Kopernik’s values and reaching underserved communities;
- Willingness to travel to remote communities.
Skills and behaviors:
- Excellent communication skills in English and Indonesian language;
- Excellent research and analytical skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Advanced computer skills with fluency in Excel and PowerPoint;
- Impact and data focused;
- A can-do and collaborative mind set – comfortable with the ambiguities and demands of a rapidly evolving work environment.
- Manage assigned projects in accordance with Kopernik’s project management toolkit;
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation tasks and provide research results in line with Kopernik’s standards and guidelines.
- Prepare, coordinate and conduct interviews with households and businesses
- Host and accompany partners on field visits and help with interpretation as necessary;
- Other field work related tasks as necessary.
Research & Analysis
- Identify, research and provide analysis on the potential of new project opportunities, in particular in the agriculture, water, sanitation & hygiene and energy sectors;
- Conduct research on the socio-economic status of particular geographic locations in Indonesia and other developing countries.
Data Analysis & Report Writing
- Collect, clean and analyse data collected in the field;
- Interpret and summarise findings in a succinct, visual way;
- Propose actionable recommendations to partners based on key findings.
- Engage and liaise with partners, building new relationships and managing current relationships;
- Respond to incoming correspondence from partners and host partner engagement meetings.
- Collaborate and assist other teams in Kopernik as needed;
- Provide mentoring and coaching to junior staff;
- Develop and prepare funding and partnership proposals.
Only Candidate who send CV, cover letter and one minutes video explaining why they are perfect for the job via our website will be considered. Please visit our website: https://kopernik.info
APPLICATIONS CLOSE MARCH 12th 2017