MONITORING & EVALUATION (M&E) MANAGER
SAHABAT CIPTA (SC) is an Indonesian organization founded in 2007 by professionals in development with a vision of reduced poverty in Indonesia. Its mission is to empower communities with new skills and opportunities so they become self-reliant. SC focuses on provision of project management, strategic advice and training in the field of local economic development, community livelihood improvement, value chain development, small business development, rural skills development, microfinance, and environmental management. Since its start, SC has developed and implemented more than 25 projects for international and Indonesian donors and companies, and positioned itself in the field of sustainable social investment and development. SC adopts market development approach in promoting pro-poor growth that will lead to reduced poverty.
We are currently seeking a highly-motivated candidate to fill the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager position. The overall objective of the assignment of the M&E Manager is to ensure the continued development and implementation of our M&E system to measure the impact of all SC projects.
Specifically, the M&E Manager is expected to contribute under the direct supervision of the Program Director:
· Be responsible for the overall project monitoring and result measurements of SC projects
· Support the Project Managers in implementation of project monitoring & evaluation
· Provide guidance to the M&E team
· Communicate the M&E processes and results to the Project Managers, project team members, stakeholders and partners
· Work together with the stakeholders and manage their expectations in impact measurements
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
· Develop the project monitoring and result measurements (MRM) with reference to the project logical framework and result chain charts
· Monitor and measure interventions and field performance against the result chain charts, indicators and attribution provided in the intervention implementation plan
· Prepare the M&E reports in timely manner in accordance with requirements set by the donor partner and/or as per project guideline; allow sufficient time for validation and feedback
· Provide the M&E’s brief reports to Executive Director and Program Director on regular basis (weekly and monthly) and/or upon request
· Manage budget for M&E activities under his/her responsibility and report the budget utilization to supervisor
· Address and solve the problems arising as a result of implementation of MRM
· Coordinate and manage M&E activities conducted by the M&E team members
· Evaluate performance of each M&E team member, and communicate the results and recommendations to supervisor
Specific Tasks related to a specific project M&E requirements
Sahabat Cipta is currently implementing a Green Prosperity Millennium Challenge Account-Indonesia project in Berau, East Kalimantan, called “Pertanian Lestari Berau (PLB)”. The objective of the project is to contribute to increased welfare in the target landscape through low carbon economic growth. The project has 2 specific objectives, namely: 1) increased income and 2) reduced land based GHG emissions. The first objective is to be met with increased productivity and quality of cacao and pepper. The second objective, which is reduced GHG emissions from production of cacao and pepper will be met with introduction of good environmental management practices.
With regard to the M&E implementation of the above project, the M&E Manager is expected to give a certain level of effort to ensure an effective implementation of the PLB project M&E plans, including baseline and endline study, field observation, progress reporting on achievement of indicators (monthly/quarterly). She/he will coordinate with the PLB Project Manager, M&E Coordinator, and Gender Field Officer (who monitors & evaluates Social & Gender Inclusion work plan).
Reporting and Coordination
The M&E Manager will report to the Program Director in all matters, and coordinate with Project Managers in implementation of M&E plans and with the Director of Program Support Services for financial and administrative matters. She/he will execute this assignment based on specific guidelines, including operational procedures, templates, and deadlines. The M&E Manager will work independently with minimum input and supervision. She/he will lead an M&E team based in Jakarta and project locations.
Time-frame and Workload
Starting date of the M&E Manager is expected to be February 15, 2017 with a period of initial employment contract until December 31, 2017 with possible extension if the performance is satisfying. The assignment of the M&E Manager is full-time with 100% input of 8 hours per day and 5 days a week.
Qualifications and Experience:
· University degree in agriculture, engineering or economics
· Having a minimum 4 years of experience in project monitoring & evaluation
· Computer literacy, including the use of Microsoft Office Applications
· Good report writing and communication skills
· Good analytical thinking
· Ability to successfully work within a team
· High degree of self-motivation, commitment to achieve results, and integrity
· Flexibility for working and travelling according to project needs
· Having some knowledge in market development approach and its MRM system is an advantage
Language: Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
Send your CV along with your application letter to recruitment.ysc@sahabatcipta.
Deadline: 15 February 2017 at 17.00 WIB. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.