PROJECT OFFICER FOR SOCIAL & GENDER INCLUSION
SAHABAT CIPTA (SC) is an Indonesian organization founded in 2007 by professionals in development with a vision of reduced poverty in Indonesia. Its mission is to empower communities with new skills and opportunities so they become self-reliant. SC focuses on provision of project management, strategic advice and training in the field of local economic development, community livelihood improvement, value chain development, small business development, rural skills development, microfinance, and environmental management. Since its start, SC has developed and implemented more than 25 projects for international and Indonesian donors and companies, and positioned itself in the field of sustainable social investment and development. SC adopts market development approach in promoting pro-poor growth that will lead to reduced poverty.
Sahabat Cipta is currently implementing a Green Prosperity Millennium Challenge Account-Indonesia project in Berau, East Kalimantan, called “Pertanian Lestari Berau (PLB)”. The objective of the project is to contribute to increased welfare in the target landscape through low carbon economic growth. The project has 2 specific objectives, namely: 1) increased income and 2) reduced land based GHG emissions. The first objective is to be met with increased productivity and quality of cacao and pepper. The second objective, which is reduced GHG emissions from production of cacao and pepper will be met with introduction of good environmental management practices.
One of the project cross-cutting components is social & gender inclusion. SC has just completed the social & gender analysis of the PLB project and has subsequently prepared the Social & Gender Inclusion Plan (SGIP). With regard to the implementation of the SGIP, we are currently seeking a highly-motivated candidate to fill the Project Officer position to implement the SGIP plan for PLB. The overall objective of the assignment of the Social & Gender Project Officer is to ensure an effective implementation of the SGIP and achievement of key performance indicators of the SGIP.
Specifically, the Social & Gender Project Officer is expected to contribute under the direct supervision of the PLB Project Manager and SC Program Director:
· Support in implementation, monitoring, and result measurements of the PLB SGIP
· Communicate the SGIP and its implementation and monitoring progress to all PLB project staff on monthly basis
· Execute SGIP activities, which are integrated into the overall project planned activities
· Conduct SGIP monitoring & evaluation in close coordination with the project Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
· Work together with the stakeholders and manage their expectations in social & gender inclusion in PLB
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
· Develop a detailed activity plan and monitoring implementation plan of SGIP with timeline
· Execute SGIP activities in accordance with the activity plan
· Conduct monthly monitoring of SGIP implementation and achievement of key indicators
· Coordinate with the PLB M&E Coordinator to consolidate the SGIP and project overall M&E results
· Prepare the monitoring report in timely manner as per the project guideline; allow sufficient time for validation and feedback
· Provide weekly progress brief to Project Manager with copy to Program Director
· Manage budget for SGIP activities under his/her responsibility and report the budget utilization to the Project Manager
· Address and solve the problems arising as a result of implementation of SGIP activities
Reporting and Coordination
The Social & Gender Project Officer will report to the Project Manager in all matters, and coordinate with M&E Coordinator in implementation of SGIP. She/he will execute this assignment based on specific guidelines, including operational procedures, templates, and deadlines. The Social & Gender Project Officer will work independently with minimum input and supervision.
Time-frame and Workload
Starting date of the Social & Gender Project Officer is expected to be February 15, 2017 with a period of employment contract until December 31, 2017. The assignment of the Officer is full-time with 100% input of 8 hours per day and 5 days a week.
Qualifications and Experience:
· University degree in social science, agriculture, engineering, economics or related field
· Having a minimum 3 years of experience in managing a social & gender cross-cutting topic
· Computer literacy, including the use of Microsoft Office Applications
· Good report writing and communication skills
· Good analytical thinking
· Ability to successfully work within a team
· High degree of self-motivation, commitment to achieve results, and integrity
· Flexibility for working and travelling according to project needs
· Having some knowledge in and/or attended a gender inclusion training s is an advantage
Language: Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia
Duty Station: Berau, East Kalimantan
Send your CV along with your application letter to recruitment.ysc@sahabatcipta.
Deadline: 12 February 2017 at 17.00 WIB. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.