Profile of the BANTU Project:
Palladium’s Health Technical Assistance (BANTU) is a five-year project (October 2015 – October 2020), which provides USAID and the Government of Indonesia (GOI) with a flexible mechanism to effectively and efficiently mobilize the technical expertise needed (offered either through subject-matter experts or organizations) to advance national and global health priorities set forth in USAID’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS).
Purpose of Position
The Task Officer is a full-time position to support Chief of Party (COP) and Senior Operations Manager (SOM) of the BANTU Project. This position will support all aspects of consultant recruitment and deployment including, contracting, organizing travel and visas, placement of consultants, in-country logistic support, etc. S/he will ensure that the consultants’ administrative and logistic needs are taken care of in a timely manner.
The position reports to the Chief of Party/BANTU Project.
· As assigned by the COP, take the lead with the recruitment process of different Task Orders which include handling the day-to-day processing of recruitment documents, contracts, and handling consultants; focusing on outreach, screening, communication, and maintenance of the IPP (i.e., talent management system for the project), and in-country logistics.
· Ensure smooth recruitment and deployment of long- and short-term technical assistance in response to requests from the client, including reference checks, processing work permits, visas, etc.
· Provide general administrative support to logistic and procurement tasks, as required including planning logistics, management of meetings, workshops, training, scheduling and confirmation of appointments, staff travel arrangements (hotel booking and ticketing);
· Coordinate closely with visa expeditors, and travel agency on timely administrative and logistics support to the consultant.
· Coordinate with the Senior Operations Manager to ensure compliance with established USAID, Palladium and BANTU contractual, operations and finance management procedures.
· Develop and nurture relationships with air service providers, hotel operators, and implementing partners to support travel logistics; identify problems, communicate, and coordinate to resolve problems related to sourcing and fielding requests for TA.
· Coordinate with Budget/Finance Specialist to develop accurate Task Order budgets and ensure timely tracking and monitoring of expenditures.
· When required, prepare contract amendments (e.g., budget realignment, personnel, travel, etc.)
· Backstop the Finance/Budget Specialist and the Senior Operations Manager as needed.
· Use the BANTU Integrated Project Portal (BIPP) for recruitment; orient consultants and USAID staff on its use; ensure key knowledge products uploaded to the Assignment Tracking Module.
· Coordinate with the Informatics Specialist in Palladium/DC on de-bugging and management of the BIPP, as appropriate. .
· Organize translation, editing, and publication of reports, task-related deliverables, briefing notes, etc.,
· Assist COP and Senior Operations Manager and other team members to compile and document program information for contract deliverables, reports, publications and communications, as needed, and in a timely manner.
· Coordinate, as needed, with the Finance/Budget Specialist to manage the process for subcontracts to organiztaions that may be issued under BANTU.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Relevant bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree (preferred)
· At least 3 years of program management experience and increasing responsibility with USAID/DFID/DFAT-funded health and development projects in Indonesia.
· Proven experience and knowledge of USAID/DFID/DFAT management, operations, and financial/budget systems.
· Demonstrated experience in project / program administration, including support to consultancy work, recruitment / mobilisation and contracting / invoicing, etc.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision,
· Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a small team.
· Well-developed and effective organizational skills, including to ability to multi-task, and work in a high-pressured environment.
· Positive attitude and willingness to “go the extra mile” to ensure that the job is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
· Sound understanding / experience in financial processing and management
· Good written and verbal communication, liaison and interpersonal skills.
· Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia required.
· Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
· Excellent skills in database applications
Only local Indonesian candidates will be considered for this position.
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience and salary history
OPEN PERIOD: January 30 – February 12, 2017
POSITION INFORMATION: The initial contract will be for one-year (with a possibility of an extension). Only Indonesian citizens may apply.
HOW TO APPLY: To respond to this position, please send your resume (no longer than 6 pages) and cover letter to email@example.com, with the title of the position in the subject line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
For more information on our company, please review our website: www.thepalladiumgroup.com
Palladium provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.