Swisscontact (www.swisscontact.org), the Swiss non-profit organization engaged in co-operation for private sector development, is implementing the Regional Tourism Development Program – WISATA Phase II as part of the Indonesian Swiss Development Cooperation. The program aims at increasing competitiveness of selected tourism destination in order to create income and job opportunities for the local population in the tourism sector.
For program activities in Toraja – South Sulawesi, Swisscontact is looking for an enthusiastic and independent professional in the following field of expertise:
Program Officer for SME and SMK – Toraja office
Basic function of position
The Program Officer for SME and SMK, under the supervision of the Field Office Manager, provides necessary support to the field offices in Toraja to support the development of tools to deliver effective Business Development Services, and strengthen service providers in the target destinations to improve the service quality of local tourism businesses.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Support the development and guide the implementation of high-quality, technical trainings to improve the service quality of the local tourism industry in the target destinations. Training programs include hospitality management for small enterprises in the local tourism industry and skill trainings for the local tourism workforce, mainly focusing hospitality professions and tourist guiding.
· Support to strengthen the capacity of selected local service providers in particular selected tourism associations such as the Hotel & Restaurant Association (PHRI) and Tour Guide Association (HPI), and the local resource network, to deliver effective services to local tourism businesses; coach local service providers to deliver trainings using the materials developed by the project.
· Support and coach local BDS providers in the development of competitive proposals to acquire additional financing to execute training offers.
· Assist local vocational tourism schools (SMKs) to improve their skills training and support the linkage with tourism businesses and industries, also vocational education training (VET)
· Assist in preparation of program documentation, including program reports, evaluations and program plans.
University degree in relevant field.
Minimum of two years working experience in tourism/ hospitality sector.
Working experience within a development organization / NGO or similar experience preferred
Spoken and written fluency in English
Experience and skills in facilitation of training events; experience and skills in organizational development preferably private sector such as associations; working knowledge of sustainable tourism development preferred
Skills and Abilities
Ability to represent the project effectively and professionally with local stakeholders such as partner organizations, and local officials;
Excellent organizational, administrative and writing skills also computer skills in word-processing,
An excellent team player with interpersonal and communication skills and has high motivation and commitment to work effectively as part of an cross-cultural team;
Readiness to travel extensively to selected destinations
Ability to works in flexibility hours
Willing to relocate to Toraja, South Sulawesi for selected applicants who are not residing in Toraja, South Sulawesi
Preferred applicants from the local area (Toraja, South Sulawesi)
Contact us: We can offer you an exciting, fast-paced working environment, a culture of mutual respect and the opportunity to play a vital role in the project. If you are interested in joining our team where your talent will impact the project outcomes, please apply at the latest by 7 February 2017 to: id.recruitment-wisata2@
swisscontact.org. Please write
your name (space) write position (space) place in email’s subject.