Founded in 1903, Fauna & Flora International (FFI) is the world’s longest-established international conservation organisation. Our vision is to create a sustainable future for the planet where biodiversity is conserved by the people living closest to it. We aim to do this through the conservation of threatened species and ecosystems worldwide, choosing solutions that are sustainable, based on sound science and take account of human needs. We operate primarily in developing countries where there is little capacity to conserve endangered and threatened habitats and species. We have become a trusted entity in the world of conservation. Today FFI is active in over 40 countries.
The FFI Asia-Pacific Programme is managed by a dispersed team located in the UK and the region and has country programme offices in Jakarta, Phnom Penh, Manila, Nanning, Hanoi and Yangoon. Working closely with local partners, the Asia-Pacific Programme currently includes a broad range of species and landscape targeted conservation initiatives in Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, the Philippines and Vietnam. Over 30 projects are being implemented in the region by a team of approximately 150 staff, consultants, volunteers and partner organisations with an annual regional budget of approximately US$ 8 million.
FFI is seeking a talented professional to fill the role of Accountant in FFI Indonesia Programme. The position will be based in Kerinci – Jambi province. You will have qualifications in a relevant discipline and a minimum of three years’ experience in a financial role.
You will be able to explain financial and administrative systems to programme staff as well as accounting and administration staff. You will also require having good communication skills in order to allow effective communications with financial management staff working in Jakarta.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
As soon as possible
Duration of Contract: One year fixed-term contract, with potential to extend
Probationary Period: N/A
Ø 20 working days annual leave entitlement plus national public holidays observed by the Indonesia country office
Ø Relocation flight on commencement of employment
Ø Repatriation flight on termination of employment
Location: The position is based in Kerinci, Jambi province.
Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, working Monday to Friday
from 09.00 am up to 06.00 pm with a one-hour lunch break. The timing of working hours can be modified
with the agreement of the Line Manager.
Accountant, FFI ip PRogramme
Objective: To assist the Finance Manager in Jakarta to ensure that financial management of the FFI Programme fully meet operational, donor, Government of Indonesia and FFI requirements and are delivered to best practice standards.
Key Internal Relationships: Kerinci Programme Manager
HR and Admin Manager – Indonesia Programme Jakarta,
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager and working closely with the Program Manager, the Accountant will:
1. Posting the FFI Kerinci financial transactions into cashbook in excel format
2. Monitoring and providing information of monthly update of Staff’s Advance Lists
3. Preparing & filing the Payment Vouchers and their supporting documents
4. Checking and reviewing the advance clearance and reimbursement reports of FFI-Kerinci Staffs
5. Preparing and processing the payments for FFI staffs and Partners
6. Submitting payment requests & invoices to FFI Jakarta on regular basis
7. Preparing monthly cash flow forecast
8. Assist the Finance Manager to ensure that financial management and accounting procedures meet best practice accounting standards and allow generation of financial statements for all projects being implemented within the programme as required by FFI and donors.
9. Ensure absolute integrity, high quality and efficiency in executing financial transactions.
10. Assist in addressing financial management issues as they arise.
11. Maintain detailed records for all financial transactions in an organized and professional manner.
12. Perform daily functions including recording all cash, check and bank transfer transactions, maintain cash and bank ledgers, monitor cash advances and field expense reports, reconcile cash on hand and monthly bank reconcile.
13. Provide required monthly financial reports by specified deadlines to Finance Manager and his/her designee and to Program Manager.
14. Administer all cash advances to employees and partners, reconciling all receipts and remaining cash at month’s end.
15. Assist the Finance Manager in managing the cash flow and other task related project financial management.
- Bachelor's degree (S1) in Accounting is preferred, with a minimum of three years accounting experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- English language skills preferred
- Strong understanding of internal control, accounting principles including concept of statement of financial position and statement of income and expenditures
- Experience with International NGO and grants management preferred, but background from profit sector also accepted
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Knowledge in Indonesian Taxes Regulation, especially PPh article 21, 23 and 4(2)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office particular in Excel, and familiar with pivot table
- Works well in adverse team and a pressured environment
- Mature, considerate and able to influence others, level-headed in stressful environment
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
FFI encourages applications from individuals with a disability who are able to carry out the duties of the post.
CORRESPONDENT AND DEADLINE
Qualified candidates shall send a cover letter and a short resume to firstname.lastname@example.org