KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has a strong reputation in national and international TB control. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. As a non-profit international organization, KNCV is active in over 40 countries in Europe, Africa, Latin America and Asia. The central office is located in The Hague, The Netherlands. KNCV Indonesia helps to combat tuberculosis in Indonesia in close cooperation with the Ministry of Health.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Currently KNCV is looking for a:
Director of Technical Services
Duty Station: Representative Office, Jakarta
The Director of Technical Services is responsible for continuous technical support to the NTP by the KNCV/Challenge TB (CTB) project and technical coordination between the KNCV/CTB Representative Office in Jakarta, it’s (Senior) Technical Officers, and Provincial Coordinators, the National Tuberculosis Program (NTP) in Indonesia and its partners at all levels, with the objective to ensure effective implementation and further development of Indonesia’s strategic plans for TB elimination. The Director of Technical Services is also responsible for the liaising with the Yayasan KCNV Indonesia and other technical partner organizations (within and outside the CTB coalition) to align strategies and activities between the organizations, ensure rapid uptake of relevant innovations and promote high quality TB control.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide continuous high quality technical assistance to the NTP at various levels to assure effective implementation of KNCV/CTB supported work plans.
- Monitor the overall implementation of the KNCV/CTB supported work plans in operational areas, identify problems, advise counterpart program managers on necessary corrective actions, follow-up on these actions, and prepare brief visit reports on findings and recommendations.
- Assist KNCV/CTB (Senior) Technical Officers and Provincial Coordinators in the preparation of annual work plans and budgets, and assure timely submission to the Country Representative.
- Supervise, monitor and provide TA to activities carried out by KNCV/CTB (Senior) Technical Officers, Coordinators and assist in problem solving.
- Assist the M&E team in compilation of quarterly/annual progress reports and ensure the quality of content and completeness of the quarterly reports.
- Assist in activities that are directly or indirectly related to achievement of the National TB Program objectives, when requested by the NTP Program Manager or other partners and after with the KNCV Country Representative.
- Participate in regular coordination meetings with the NTP.
- In coordinating with the country representative, attend relevant provincial, regional, national or international meetings, including CTB project meetings.
- Proactively and continuously update own knowledge and skills.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Educational Qualification
- Health Professional preferably with a Masters degree in public health, epidemiology or comparable qualification.
- Excellent track record on technical assistance and working with technical partners.
- Excellent personal relationships with professional colleagues.
- People management skills.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in leadership role.
- Experience in liaising with government authorities.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in TB control/program management.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
KNCV offers a flexible and supportive work environment and strongly encourages developing your skills and abilities to further your career opportunities.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV and application to recruitment.indonesia@kncvtbc.
org by 20 February 2017 at the latest
Please ensure to put the post you apply for in the subject line of your e-mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.