LOCATION : Jakarta
ISLAMIC RELIEF PURPOSE:
To promote sustainable economic and social development through development programs, helping the needy regardless of race, religion or gender.
IR Indonesia was established in the year 2003 with one project office catering for development activities in Banten province. In 2004, in response the devastating Tsunami, IR expanded programme coverage to Aceh province to provide humanitarian relief, early recovery and developmental support to the tsunami survivors. It was about this time when programme activities were also expanded to West Java, NTB and later in West Sumatra and Jogjakarta provinces. IR presently maintains a Country Office in Jakarta with field programme in Aceh and NTB provinces. The main sectors for Indonesia Programme include Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), WASH, Sustainable Livelihoods, Orphans’ Support, and Disaster Response.
Currently IRW – Indonesia office is implementing a child welfare programme, Seasonal Programme (Ramadan and Qurbani, and development project that supporting the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals in Aceh and NTB province.
Starting October 2016 – September 2017, IRW Indonesia is going to implement WAQF Project of WASH and Mushroom.
Post holder reports to : Finance Manager
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
§ Maintaining IRI office for good working environment.
§ To look after the cash and bank payments of all staff of the organization and other fund transferring to outside parties. Reporting of financial record of organization
§ Managing Bill receipt and Cash Payments
§ Implements payment to employees
§ Fund transferring and tax deductions
§ Bank Reconciliation
§ Any other tasks will be given by the line manager
Cash and Bank Payments
- Responsible for the office petty cash float.
- Maintain the cash book and reconcile daily and weekly.
- Prepare and submit monthly forecasting cash requirements to Jakarta office and monitor changes.
- Check that all relevant columns and cells of payment requisitions Form had been filled properly according to Islamic Relief policies and procedures.
- Checking the Invoices raised by suppliers and vendors.
- To check that approval of competent Authority has been taken to make the payment.
- Preparation of cheques and ensure signatures thereon.
- To deduct applicable tax from each and every payment.
- Deposit of Tax in the Government Treasury, and submission of tax challenge to eligible
- To ensure delivery of checks to the suppliers.
Maintain financial record
- Ensure and maintain proper placement of financial data of current and previous years
- Submit Petty cash report to Finance Jakarta Office weekly basic.
- Support finance Dept in preparation of Financial reports to HQ and Donor
Receipt of Funds
- Preparation of receipts for Donors, staff & or Beneficiaries on behalf of IR
- Keep update record of receipts & ensure to deposit these amounts in IR’s official account
- Support finance Dept in maintenance of record of funds movement, ensuring availability of funds at all times and issuance of alert in so much advance that request may be moved to Jakarta office and funds are received in the banks before its actual finishing
- Liaison with banks to keep latest development in banking laws and regulations
- Request monthly bank statement from NTB bank office and submit to Finance Jakarta office
- In case of any foreign trade activities, opening, maintenance and final payment of the LC’s.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
§ University degree of accounting background or related field / At least Diploma/Bachelor's degree in the relevant studies
§ Proven years of finance related experience in an NGO or a commercial environment
§ Proven experience of analysing, internal control, effective coordination in financial scope, work experience in multicultural environments;
§ Good management skill
§ Good writing and communication skill
§ Excellent knowledge of computer operation (Windows, Excel, Power Point)
§ At least 2 year2 experience in the administration and Finance
§ At least one year experience in the community approach
Strong interest in development work with respect for confidentiality and commitment to Islamic Relief overall aims and objectives, including gender, equality and equal opportunities in all aspects of Islamic Relief’s work.
· All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project
· Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address: email@example.com
· Applications submit directly to Islamic Relief Indonesia Office will not be considered. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
· Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
The deadline for submitting applications is: 15 February 2017