Location : Indonesia
Contract Type : ICA
Grade : X9
Salary Scale : Country Scale
Reporting to Indonesia Country Representative, the Senior Communications Officer, will lead all communication related activities in country, including the management of an external vendor providing communication related services to GGGI. The position will work closely with HQ based communication staff to develop the country level outreach strategies harnessing different media to promote the work of GGGI. The position understands the needs at the country level and is able to connect GGGI and the joint program with the needs and priorities of the goals and objectives of the country program.
GGGI supports stakeholders through complementary and integrated workstreams – Green Growth Planning & Implementation and Knowledge Solutions – that deliver comprehensive products designed to assist in developing, financing, and mainstreaming green growth in national economic development plans.
The GOI-GGGI Green Growth Program Phase 2 (GGP) (2016-2019) supports Indonesia in achieving green growth that simultaneously achieves poverty reduction, social inclusion, environmental sustainability and resource efficiency.
The Senior Communication Officer shall lead the development of a country program communications strategy relating to all internal and external communications within GGGI and to GGGI’s stakeholders. The position holder will manage GGGI’s engagement with an external communication service provider and works closely with the Communications Department at GGGI HQ in Seoul, to guide and provide quality assurance to the work of external vendors. This position holder focuses on analyzing and providing substantive inputs to the development, delivery, monitoring and assessment of communications vital to meet country program goals.
Communication related activities include but are not limited to the production and dissemination of a broad range of communication materials based on technical reports, identify and implement strategies to promote GGGI through events/workshops under the Green Growth Program (GGP). It is his/her job to ensure GGP knowledge products, presentations, audio visuals etc. are well presented through (social) media, workshops, other mechanisms, reach the specific target audiences and are effectively used by a variety of stakeholders at national and subnational level. All products will be published and distributed in Indonesian and English for domestic and international audiences, including through the websites of GGGI and BAPPENAS.
- Lead the engagement with the Communication Department at HQ in Seoul, ensuring all communication outputs are in line with GGGI Corporate Communication Policy;
- Lead the engagement with all local partners, including external service providers to ensure all deliverables fit within the GGGI Indonesia communication strategy and with the GGGI Corporate Communication Policy.
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders and service providers
- Monitor response to GGGI’s engagement efforts and advise Country Representative and Communications Department at HQ in Seoul, on opportunities to improve outreach and promote program awareness
- Identifies and implements opportunities for country level communications combined with the effective use of media to improve awareness on GGGI and the collaborative GGP with GoI.
- In collaboration with GGGI HQ, develop the GGP Phase 2 communication strategy and work plan for the period 2016-2019, with annual updates.
- Support Bappenas, GGGI’s main focal point in Indonesia, with the management of their GGP Website http://greengrowth.
- Coordinate all strategies and deliverables with the HQ Communication Department.
- More specifically lead and coordinate internal processes related to publishing non-technical, summary documents/presentations and media products in a way that generates impact and effectively contributes to the outcomes of the GGP and in line with the global communication strategy.
- Deliverables will include, but are not limited to, products such as reports, fact sheets, powerpoints, prezis, website content, press releases, (internal) newsletters, public relations content, translations, briefings, etc.
- Manage, coordinate and disseminate information through GGGI’s website as well as the BAPPENAS website.
- Manage all interactions with communication service providers, especially time management and quality insurance is of utmost importance.
- Elevate GGGI's branding at national and sub-national levels and position GGGI as GoI’s trusted advisor.
- Actively identify opportunities for news stories about GGGI, the GGP, and green growth and coordinate the development of stories.
- Develop and manage a local Indonesian network of journalists, thought leadership platforms, websites and publications to effectively re-broadcast GGGI’s messages to a broader audience.
- Produce products for GGP workshops and other events, organize events.
- Work closely with GGGI Indonesia technical team members at national and subnational level to develop and disseminate communications products.
- Support the development of South-South knowledge exchange materials, creating opportunities to share Indonesia’s impact with existing and future GGGI member countries.
- Support the Indonesia team with the development of high quality presentations and audio visual products and key messages to explain complex topics on green growth into common language.
As a member of a small but diverse program team, the senior communication officer will have multiple responsibilities and will need to be flexible and responsive to sometimes rapidly changing needs and tight deadlines.
- Master's degree or equivalent in communications, journalism, international relations, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience with international organization or companies, including a good working knowledge of printed, visual, and web-based media (e-newsletters), including traditional and social media, publishing, and document design.
- A keen interest and creativity in using innovative modern technologies to communicate key messages.
- Ability to coordinate with the different ministries and other GGGI stakeholders to access newsworthy information and to cooperate on development of products/ deliverables.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A strategic and pro-active attitude, especially when it comes to the development of news items and harnessing different media to promote the work of GGGI
- Advanced skills in powerpoints and other tools such as prezis, events planning, and media engagements
- Highly organized with a keen eye for detail and the ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with multi-cultural teams
- Strong oral and written English, and fluency in Indonesian is essential
- Experience in management of an external service provider
- Experience of working in an international organization or firm is a benefit although not essential
- Experience / knowledge of environment and sustainability is preferred
- Experience with Sharepoint and good IT skills is an advantage
Achieving Results, Client orientation, learning and knowledge sharing, working together, Application of technical knowledge and skills
HOW TO APPLY