not-for-profit foundation which strives to be a center of excellence for
facilitating and improving access to quality educationand to empowerment
opportunities that contribute to poverty reduction. The Foundation
runs a number of philanthropic programs in Indonesia ranging from
teachers training, school improvement programs, research support, to
business development. Tanoto Foundation is currently looking for
Construction Specialist (Jambi based) and Finance and Field Operation
Officer (Jakarta based). Please
find details for both positions below.
Department/Project : School Improvement Program (Pelita Pendidikan)
Reporting to : Pelita Pendidikan Program Manager
The Construction Specialist (CS) will be supporting the implementation and management of Pelita Pendidikan Infrastructure Program and Improvement Infrastructure Program of RGE Schools under overall guidance of Pelita Pendidikan Program Manager and in collaboration with Pelita Pendidikan team in Regional Offices.
Program Design and Implementation
1. To design and develop program related to infrastructure and/or construction, both physical construction and capacity building.
2. To provide building engineering designs, materials specifications, bills of quantities and preliminary building cost estimates of construction activities.
3. Supports the procurement process conducted in regional offices is according technical expertise of Construction Specialist.
Program Implementation and Quality Assurance
1. Providing overall support for Tanoto Foundation in regional offices related to construction and infrastructure activities.
2. To ensure all engineering design, bill of quantity, materials specification has been followed by vendors/contractors.
3. Be responsible to ensure the quality of construction building is met according to approved documents.
4. To ensure the inspection of construction site is conducted by the team in the field, and also the inspection report is verified and reported.
5. To necessary act should there flaws within construction activities carried out by the vendors, in coordination with RPM and RPO and provide necessary recommendation to Management of Tanoto Foundation in Jakarta regarding necessary action taken.
6. Ensure all construction activities are delivered according to agreed timeline.
Technical Assistance and Capacity Building
1. To provide basic knowledge of construction and infrastructure activities into beneficiaries, masons, school teachers, principals; through workshops or training.
2. To ensure the selected vendors understand approved engineering plan and material quantities required within their construction, and provide technical assistance when necessary.
3. Be responsible in monitoring the output of the training as stated in TOR, including training content, knowledge of the participants, and progress post construction workshops is monitored.
4. To support and provide technical assistance to other BGs/Bus construction and/or infrastructure program if required.
Monitoring and Evaluation
1. To develop and provide update reports on construction activities to management of Tanoto Foundation in regular manners.
2. Supporting Tanoto Foundation M&E team in carrying their activities related to construction and infrastructure program.
1. Perform other relevant duties as reasonably assigned by the immediate supervisor or Management of Tanoto Foundation.
Duty Station and working condition:
The Construction Specialist will be based in Tanoto Foundation Regional Office Jambi, with frequent travel to other regional area/site as required.
Supervisor : Pelita Pendidikan Program Manager
Supervisee : N/A
Line Coordination and day to day works:
- Internal : Head of Tanoto Foundation, Regional Program Manager, Construction Specialist and other Specialists; FFAO, Sr. Program Officer, Regional Project Officers, TF Jakarta Staff
- External : District Education Offices, School Supervisors, Schools Principal, Schools Teacher, Estate Manager, Head of Administration in estate (KTU), and other relevant counterpart/stakeholders necessary.
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree majoring Civil Engineering or Architecture from reputable and accredited University.
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in construction or infrastructure program with humanitarian or social business (NGO/INGO) context, Experience in large scale program (both coverage and budget management), or in education program would be advantageous.
- Proven to be acknowledging in drawing design, calculate BOQ, bidding and tender process, and construction project management.
- Has experience in delivering training/workshops, and developing modules manuals would be advantageous.
- Proven experience in liaisons with stakeholders and counterparts.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results, including team building – could work independently and as team player
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate in English (both oral and written) is desirable.
- Able to do multi-tasking, working in high pressure to meet results, working with minimum supervision and multi-cultural environment.
- Willing to be placed in very remote areas with minimum facilities and supervision.
- Able to use computers and MS Windows Applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point) and internet. Ability to utilize engineering software (such as AutoCAD, SAP, Microsoft Project) is desirable.
- Excellent driving skills for vehicles and motorcycles are desirable.
- Willing to travel to project sites as required.
Finance and Field Operation Officer
Corporate Rank : Senior Associate
Reporting Manager : 1) Head of Finance (Direct),
Coordination Lines : Head of TF CD/CSR Program, Pelita Pendidikan Program Manager, Regional Project Managers.
Location Base : Jakarta
Development Plan : 1. Mentorship by Head of Finance and Deputy Head of TF Program
2. Career mobility within RGE Group
A. Accounting, tax and audit:
1. Oversee field accounting functions, including review and analysis of financial transaction and accounting process;
2. Perform reconciliation of field office’s bank accounts, review field financial statements, cash controls and ensure aging of AR and AP for field staff are conducted;
3. Retrieve financial details including supporting documentation and/or other financial information, tracking project and overhead costs for budgeting and reporting purposes;
4. In coordination with Accounting Officer, finalize the consolidated financial statements and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
5. Ensure tax compliance of all field financial transaction in the field including monthly reporting to be consolidated by Accounting Officer.
6. Lead the field audit to ensure compliance, participate in implementation of audit recommendations;
B. Finance, budgeting and reporting:
1. Review and finalize the request for payment from field offices to ensure accuracy of information, alignment of project activities, proper authorization and complete supporting documentation, and facilitate approval process from Program Management in Jakarta in accordance with Foundation’s SOP;
2. Ensure the smooth workflow from field offices to and within Jakarta offices as well as improve field operations and accountability such as review and liquidate the settlement of project advances, monitor payment status for any suppliers/service providers, review agreement/contract with suppliers/service providers, fleet management, efficient office management and logistics, fixed asset record and inventory system, and purchasing system;
3. Provide training and briefings for all field staff on procedures and ensuring that financial systems are adhered to by all levels of field personnel and comply with the Foundation policy and procedures;
4. Assist with preparation of the annual project budgets and monthly forecast;
5. Provide Management with analysis on project expenditure against budget statement on regular basis and other type of report as needed.
1. University degree in accounting from reputable university;
2. At least 8 (eight) years of well-rounded working experience in accounting, finance/tax, field operation, previous working experience in development organization or NGO is not a must but would be an advantage;
3. Knowledge on Indonesia taxation, having tax brevet A and B are preferred;
4. Good level ability to communicate in English, both spoken and in writing;
5. Proficient in MS-Office applications and familiar with accounting software;
6. Demonstrated ability to meet set targets and to work independently;
7. Trustworthy, attention to detail with high degree of accuracy and organized in work;
8. Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance and results;
9. Willing to travel to project sites in remote areas (up to 50% of the time).
Should you meet the above requirements and interested to apply, email your comprehensive resume to: email@example.com.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.