If you care about the environment and want to contribute to conservation efforts in Indonesia, this is the opportunity for you to join the largest national conservation organization in Indonesia. WWF-Indonesia, an independent national conservation organization, is part of a global network of WWF. WWF-IDN is currently seeking for the best candidate for the position of Fisheries Science Assistant, Jakarta (Temporary).
This position will be based in Jakarta and report to Fisheries Science Officer. The job holder will be responsible to assist the Fisheries Science Officer and team in fisheries science work in Indonesia, including developing research design; collecting and managing the data; analyzing the data; and writing the scientific report based on the analyses.
WWF-Indonesia is looking for a competent person to fulfill this position with the main responsibilities are:
· Assist in analyzing data and developing scientific reports, factsheets and/or other forms of communication.
· Assist in carrying out fisheries science - related targeted research and literature review based on requests from Fisheries Research and Development and other programs.
· Provide technical and capacity building assistance for fisheries staff and partners.
· Communicate results/outcomes to partners, both technical and for less scientific audiences.
· Assist in the development and implementation of M&E system in fisheries science activities.
Requirements for this position are:
· A university degree in capture fisheries or fisheries resources management or marine science from a recognized and reputable university.
· Minimum 2 years working experience in the area of capture fisheries research.
· Good skills on statistical analysis and/or GIS are an advantage.
· Must have fluency in spoken and written English and Bahasa Indonesia, in particular the ability to draft documents and express views in a clear and concise manner.
Interested applicants should send their CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject of Fisheries Science Assistant, Jakarta (Temporary).
Applications will be closed 7 days after the publication of this advertisement (March 1st). Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted. For further information about this vacancy, please visit our website on www.wwf.or.idBe a part of us, who is currently working in 28 regions in 17 provinces from Aceh to Papua, with more than 500 staffs and supported by more than 64,000 supporters in Indonesia. WWF Indonesia also works with governments, local communities, private sector, NGOs, civil society, and the public at large.