CWS Indonesia www.cws-asia.org is an international relief, development, and refugee assistance agency that has been operating in Indonesia for over forty years. CWS works with partners to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world.
CWS is the implementing partner for UNHCR, DIBP and BPRM-funded urban refugee program in Jakarta that provides protection, access to basic services (health, education, psychosocial support) and capacity building to vulnerable refugees and asylum seekers living in the Greater Jakarta area.
CWS is looking for candidates to fill the following position:
Assessor Coordinator- based in Jakarta -1 positions
The Assessor Coordinator (Program Officer) position is required to support CWS program in Jakarta. The Assessor Coordinator (Program Officer) will report to Deputy Program Manager for all kinds of reporting and communication concerning the project. The incumbent is required to provide leadership to the assessors; however, she/he must be flexible, adaptable and able to work effectively in the variety of settings and in a cross-cultural situation and be knowledgeable of the risks and needs of at-risk individuals or groups.
RESPONSIBILITY AND TASKS
Implementation of CWS program in Jakarta
- Coordinate, plan & supervise needs assessment on refugees and asylum seekers, initial assessment, home visits, socioeconomic & vulnerability assessment and Best Interest Assessment (BIA), including re-assessment as requested by UNHCR.
- Provide and coordinate weekly and monthly assessments schedule based on UNHCR’s referral and priorities of the cases to the team
- Develop strategy to absorb needs of assessment/reassessment with Deputy Program Manager
- Update and maintain referral and approval list and records
- Attend inquiries made by refugees on the result of their assessments
- Supervise and conduct risks and vulnerability assessments using Heightened Risk Identification Tool and child-friendly interview techniques
- Supervise and provide support on immediate assistance to the refugees in emergency cases (health services, accommodation, etc.)
- Provide supports on every CWS’ activity and other occasions and assist in contacting the PoCs to ensure their participation in CWS’ activities (counselling, commemoration days, etc.)
- Ensure the providence of assessment reports with analysis and recommendation.
- Provide information, data and reports in a timely manner as requested.
- Ensure that all program documentation and reports are prepared and filed properly and in a timely manner.
- Supervise and compile all reports on field visit/ cases of refugees
- Supervise and compile all progress reports conducted by assessment team CWS program
- Supervise/Coordinate the Assessment team
Do other tasks related to the PURE project implementation as requested by Deputy Program Manager and Program Manager
- Hold Degree in Social and Politics, Humanities, or other relevant fields
- 3 years experience in similar position
- Ability to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholder (NGO networks, government institutions, local communities and refugees)
- Ability to conduct risks and needs assessments for vulnerable persons will be an asset
- Possessing computer skills, including internet communication/ and various office applications (Microsoft Words, Excel, MS Access and Power Point)
- Able to work in a team and work harmoniously in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience working with INGO or International environment is beneficial
- Have supervisor/leader capacity and quality
- Willing to work outside working hour if necessary or in emergency situation
- Willing to travel to the project sites frequently
- Show determination and drive to deliver and succeed, both for themselves and as part of a team; puts in extra effort to complete important tasks on time and with the right quality; show stamina and can manage a diverse range of tasks, calm and confident when working under pressure
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is essential. Knowledge of Dari/Farsi/Arabic/Urdu will be an added advantage.
Applications should include a cover letter, reflecting motivation; a CV, Including two references; expected gross salary and contact number by 19th April 2017. Please send applications in MS Word format to email@example.com