Hivos Southeast Asia is an International non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos Southeast Asia (Hivos SEA) seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title : Project Manager GADING/PROFARM
Duty Station : JakartaReport to : Coordinator/Program Development Manager Sustainable Food Hivos Southeast Asia
Duration : 11 (eleven) months
Under its Green Prosperity Project, Millennium Challenge Account Indonesia (MCA-I) has granted funds for a project initiated by Hivos together with its consortium partners Yayasan Rumah Energi (YRE) and Wageningen University and Research Center (WUR), which is titled Gathering and Dissemination of Information and Green Knowledge for a Sustainable Integrated Farming Workforce in Indonesia (GADING).
The Project Manager GADING/ PROFARM will be responsible for professional implementation of the Hivos GADING and PROFARM projects, which aim at research, knowledge dissemination and workforce and enterprise development around the utilization of bioslurry and Lemna production as part of mixed farming systems. Key responsibilities include acting as a dynamic and inspiring team leader; directing the delivery of project results including donor reports; mobilising and securing resources; and managing project staff.
The Project Manager is a key staff employed by Hivos who will be responsible for supervising the entire project team. This includes YRE and WUR personnel, as well as partners from local research/ education institutes. He/she will supervise four Organic Fertilizer Officers (OFO) who are located in the project office in Yogyakarta, Bandung, Mataram, Waingapu. With full support of finance manager and program assistant, he/she will also work with our specialists in food, gender, and biology to achieve the goals of the project.
Roles and responsibilities
1. Take responsibility for project delivery in line with Hivos commitments to donors, and ensuring donor satisfaction. This includes ensuring that outputs and activities are systematically addressed in a timely and professional manner, through proper planning, implementation, reporting and evaluation of GADING and the embedded PROFARM project. The project manager will also ensure proper deployment of people and resources, and monitoring associated budgets.
2. Lead and ensure close coordination between a mixed team of Hivos staff, YRE staff, WUR experts, local research/ education partners and consultants in reaching the project outputs.
3. Establish bioslurry management and business development as an important aspect of mixed farming in Indonesia, and put bioslurry business and duckweed cultivation on the agenda of GoI agencies;
4. Work closely with the BIRU (Biogas Rumah) team to optimize the use of bioslurry by biogas owners;
5. Properly represent the GADING and PROFARM project to donors (MCAI and WOTRO) and to all relevant stakeholders at the regional level;
6. Promote a creative and inclusive learning environment, and play a lead role in coordinating GADING Knowledge Management activities together with consortium members and partners, including data gathering, codification, translation, curriculum development, sharing and assessment
7. Show leadership to project staff in key activities, including for community engagement and applied research activities, and ensure that the project develops and maintains a knowledge database;
8. Undertake the management of knowledge gathering and dissemination during project execution.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
- At least bachelor’s degree of any major from a reputable university;
- At least 5 years of experience in development work;
- Experience working as project manager;
- Experience in the areas of rural enterprise and agricultural development, and applied research, knowledge management and dissemination are strongly preferred;
- Work experience in an international environment is preferred;
- Good command of English language;
- Able to cooperate and communicate well with peers and stakeholders;
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally for related events.
- Having respect for humanitarian or humanist principles and willing to work in a non- discriminating, neutral, impartial and gender equal environment.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
Project Manager GADING/PROFARM graded in Grade: 10-11 (from 1-12 Hivos’s SEA salary grade).
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 7th April 2017.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘PM GADING’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://www.hivos.org/