Environmental Defense Fund Project of
Yayasan Bina Usaha Lingkungan
Yayasan Bina Usaha Lingkungan (YBUL), established in 1993, is a non-profit organization located in Jakarta, experienced and specialized in promoting and implementing programs in renewable energy, clean development mechanism and community based environmentally friendly small- and medium-sized business empowerment through education, capacity building, feasibility studies and policy advocacy as well as access to microfinance and linking small- and medium-sized businesses to technology, market and financial access. YBULs focus is particularly on rural communities.
With world attention focused on both the environment and the economy, (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. With programs from Boston to Beijing, EDF focuses on strong science, uncommon partnerships and economic-based approaches. EDF’s Oceans Program works in the world’s top 12 fishing nations to implement sustainable fishing that produces more fish in the water, more food, and more prosperity.
The YBUL-EDF Sustainable Ocean Program under YBUL was established in 2015. The Program’s primary objectives are to promote sustainable fisheries reform in Indonesia with a focus on strengthening the enabling conditions for sustainable fishing and designing and implementing fishery management models on the water that demonstrate social, economic and ecological benefits and how to achieve them.
The YBUL-EDF Program, together with the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries (MMAF), Starling Resources and other partners is contributing to the Inisiatif Pengelolaan Perikanan Rajungan Berkelanjutan (IPPRB). The IPPRB aims to design and implement sustainable fishery management for Rajungan through participatory and science-based planning and decision-making among government, fishing communities and the value chain. The focus area is WPP 712 and a pilot site is being implemented along the east coast of Lampung Province including the three districts of Lampung Timur, Tulang Bawang and Lampung Tengah.
Lampung Fishery Project Manager
The IPPRB is already underway and supporting local stakeholders to design and implement collaborative management is the focus of the coming stages which include socialization, capacity development, setting local fishery goals and establishing harvest and value chain strategies to achieve them. The Lampung Fishery Project Manager will be responsible for assisting the YBUL-EDF team and partners to implement the Lampung IPPRB project. S/he will be the YBUL-EDF local representative working closely with local government, fishing communities, mini-plants and processors among other stakeholders. S/he will oversee implementation of activities for which the YBUL-EDF team will provide specialize expertise including fishery science, fishing practices, and fishery management tools and strategies. The Manager will collaborate with the YBUL-EDF team to prepare project strategies, work plans, budgets, and reports. S/he will maintain frequent communication with the Jakarta-based staff and partners.
Please send a cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications (no more than one page) and resume or CV (no more than four pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until it is filled. (Only short-listed candidates will be notified.)
Role and responsibilities:
· Based in Lampung, serve as YBUL-EDF’s local representative to contribute our specialize fisheries expertise to help local stakeholders design and implement the IPPRB.
· Build strong and collaborative relationships with stakeholders, serve as our main contact with local government, fishing communities, university and value chain partners, and conduct frequent outreach throughout the project area.
· Play a leading role in conceiving, designing and organizing strategic, planning and technical meetings and workshops engaging local stakeholders. (Logistics support is provided.)
· With the YBUL-EDF team, conduct research and analyses to support the work of local stakeholders to design and implement fisheries management with innovative solutions under the IPPRB.
· Maintain regular contact with the Jakarta-based YBUL-EDF team.
· Master’s degree with minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience in fisheries or natural resource management or bachelor degree with minimum 10 years of relevant experience.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate, coordinate and work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders in professional and field setting relevant to Lampung.
· Demonstrated experience in guiding large-scale group of stakeholders and projects including strategic planning, communications, project implementation and results.
· Ability to learn and apply YBUL-EDF’s outreach scientific, technical and policy tools to analyze, understand challenges and develop fishery management solutions.
· Existing network of relevant government, value chain, community and university contacts (preferred).
· Willingness to learn local and understand the local society and community priorities politics as they relate to economic development, fisheries and environmental affairs.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and produce high-quality results.
· Excellent communications in Bahasa Indonesia and English, and ability to communicate with local stakeholders.
Duration: 1 year