The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is a conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people. In Indonesia, TNC has been supporting improved natural resource planning and management for more than 25 years, including working with government, private sector, and local communities. We currently have an opening for:
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
The Human Resources Manager provides human resource services in the following functions: job analyses, planning personnel needs, organizational development, recruiting, staff development and training, employee relations, compensation, talent management, benefits and payroll. S/he develops and implements HR strategies and initiatives which are aligned with the overall business strategy and this includes workforce planning and management. S/he supports current and future business needs through development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital. S/he develops and monitors overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the Indonesia Program.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for administering and maintaining HR systems, programs, procedures, and plans according to HR policies and will provide assistance to all levels of personnel on various HR data related issues and requests. S/he responds to moderately complex employee/management questions and problems based on advanced knowledge of aspects applicable in this subject area.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for development and implementation of training plans. S/he designs, develops and leads the implementation of the career development strategy. S/he manages the processes for annual performance management ensuring that all staff and managers are trained and appraisals are complete. S/he ensures that benefits are processed accurately, recruiting services are provided timely and terminations are managed effectively. S/he is responsible for developing HR operational guidelines to ensure efficient management of the program and compliance with regulations. S/he leads the effective coordination of annual review of benefits, employee handbook, Indonesia guidelines. S/he coordinates and facilitates trainings/meetings and document activities, strategies and lessons learned as appropriate. Duties are highly confidential and require broad and comprehensive knowledge of TNC’s policies.
The Human Resources Manager reports to the Finance and Operations Director and is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
· Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years Human Resources work experience in area(s) of specialization or equivalent combination.
· Experience coordinating and leading projects.
· Experience responding to HR related questions, problems and data information requests from employees/management.
· Experience in the following areas: database management and spreadsheet software; constructing, and producing reports; data input, manipulation and analysis.
· Experience working with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
· Experience working with integrated Human Resources Management Systems.
· People oriented and results driven
· Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics
· Knowledge of HR systems and databases
· Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
· Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization
· Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross cultural experience appreciated.
· Supervisory skills, including the ability to motivate, lead, set objectives and manage performance including conflict resolution.
· Advanced understanding of fundamental HR concepts, processes, and services. In depth knowledge about labor law and HR best practices.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Require fluency in English language to support global operations.
· May require ability to travel within the United States and internationally.
· Proven ability to work in a fast paced and VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous) working environment.