Private Sector Engagement Advisor
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
DAI seeks a Private Sector Engagement Advisor for a 5-year, $19 million USAID funded “Adaptasi Perubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan (APIK)” Project. The purpose of APIK is to support the Government of Indonesia to strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated manner from the national level down to the community level. APIK will help to mainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into national and sub-national governance frameworks, build the capacity of local communities and the private sector to address climate change and weather-related natural hazards, and support the use of information for climate and disaster risk management among key stakeholders.
Summary of Primary Duties
The Private Sector Engagement Advisor is the Task Lead for climate change adaptation awareness and capacity building for the private sector, and is a key member of the APIK Climate Change Adaptation team. The Advisor will support the engagement and mobilization of business associations and business networks around shared risks in key economic sectors. The Advisor will facilitate business access to improved climate and weather information services, and support business participation in developing local strategies and investments that strengthen local resilience to climate and disaster risks.
· Engage and mobilize business associations and business networks around shared risks in key economic sectors.· Identify entry points and incentive opportunities for the private sector to become engaged in CCA and DRR.· Formulate the strategy for APIKs Private Sector Engagement with roadmap and recommendations.· Help facilitate business access to improved climate and weather information, and support business participation in developing local strategies and investments that strengthen local resilience.· Interview business association leaders and business men and women in the targeted provinces to identify those who show interest in/concern about changing weather patterns and how it will impact their businesses.· Work with the Climate Change Adaptation team to develop or strengthen forums, tools, and analyses to improve private sector understanding and integration of climate and disaster risks into business plans and operations.· Identify opportunities for shared value partnerships with businesses in Indonesia.· Facilitate investments from companies in Indonesia to fund resilience building activities and where appropriate co-funding for the APIK resilience fund.· Work with national and field office teams to engage private sector actors to promote awareness and build resilience among companies and communities in targeted districts/landscapes.· Tailor APIK support to sector subgroups needs.· Assist business associations to strengthen members’ access to usable climate information.· Facilitate continued private sector engagement, particularly with insurance companies.· Contribute inputs for bi-weekly, quarterly, and annual reports as required.
· Five years of experience in private sector engagement or corporate social responsibility, preferably with a focus on environmental management and sustainability.
· Possess knowledge of shared value and value chain preferred
· Experience working with / collaborating with national business associations, such as the Indonesia Chamber of Commerce (KADIN), as well as with provincial business networks.
· Experience creating shared value propositions between natural resource and mining industries, environmental nonprofit organizations, and government institutions.
· Master's degree in a relevant field preferred
· Strong communication skills
· Strong English speaking and writing abilities.
Base of Operations
The location for this position is Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Private Sector Engagement Advisor will report to the Climate Adaptation Governance Advisor.
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV to APIK_Recruitment@DAI.com. Please send applications not later than 22 March 2017. Applicants are instructed to write “PSE Advisor – NAME” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The DAI email disclaimer can be found at http://www.dai.com/disclaimer.