The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is a conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people. In Indonesia, TNC has been supporting improved natural resource planning and management for 25 years, including working with government, private sector, and local communities. We currently have an opening for:
PROGRAM SUPPORT OFFICER
The Program Support Officer provides a full range of high-level administrative support for Fisheries Conservation Program Director by preparing correspondence and materials, handling domestic and international travel arrangements, scheduling (this includes coordinating the calendar of the Fisheries Conservation Program Director for appointments, meetings, trips and reports/projects due dates), travel expenses reporting and time reporting. S/he also provides administrative support to other TNC staff of the Fisheries Conservation Program, as necessary.
The Program Support Officer provides assistance with planning and executing special events like workshops, trainings and VIP trips as organized by the Fisheries Conservation Program, including identifying/contacting participants and helping with budgeting. S/he is responsible for maintaining the Fisheries Conservation Program central filing, library and other program support tools (image database, etc.) and is the initial point-of-contact for all questions on files management, correspondence preparation and control. S/he occasionally helps with events management for the Coastal and Ocean Program, as necessary.
The Program Support Officer for the Fisheries Program is based in Bali, Indonesia and reports to the Fisheries Conservation Program Director
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience in natural resource management or similar field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Relationship building skills to work closely with a variety of partners.
- Experience completing tasks independently with respect to timeline(s).
- Excellent communication skills via written, spoken and graphical means in English and other relevant languages.
- Experience using common software applications such as Word, Excel, web browsers, etc.
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively internally and externally. Excellent communication skills via written, spoken and graphical means in English.
- Experience with arranging travel and field visits for Indonesian government officials and civilians, as well as for foreign visitors.
- Experience with arranging visa and permits.
- Managing time and diverse activities under deadlines while delivering quality results.
- Working knowledge of common software applications (e.g.; Word, Excel, Web browsers).
- Excellent communication skills via written, spoken and graphical means in English.
Please send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than March 27, 2017. Please insert the position title you are interested to apply on the subject line. Visit www.nature.or.id to learn more about The Nature Conservancy Indonesia Program.