REPORTS TO: Finance and Administration Manager (FAM)
LOCATION: Bali, Indonesia with travel to project sites
Expected Commence date: April 2017
Contract Period: 12 months with possibility of extension
Lutheran World Relief (LWR), a U.S. based non-profit development organization engaged in seeking lasting solutions to poverty and reducing risk, is seeking an experienced Finance and Administration Officer to be based in Bali, Indonesia.
Under guidance of FAM, the Finance and Administration Officer (FAO) will provide support to finance and administration operations and procedures in line with organizational guidelines and internationally recognized accounting standards. The FAO provides financial, administrative and accounting support to LWR´s office in Indonesia and serves as the focal point for project report and records management in the event of FAM’s absence. Under the guidance of the Finance and Administration Manager and the Regional Finance and Administration Manager, she/he is supporting FAM in planning, organizing, directing and controlling the financial management and accounting functions of sub-offices operations, as well as the administration of the country office.
Roles and duties:
- Assists FAM to ensure compliance with accounting practices established by Indonesian law and LWR policy through desk audit and regular visits to partners’ offices and field to perform sub-recipient monitoring tasks. These include observing actual activities, provide training if needed, interviewing Partners staff and communities, examining documentations against records to verify whether transactions are valid, properly authorized and approved, have adequate supporting documentation, and that they are properly coded.
- Reviews expenses reports from the field ensuring their accuracy (expense classifications/coding, calculations, etc.) and compile a unified monthly financial report. Checks cash and bank balances with bank statements and cash count sheets. Identify issues with field financial reports and coordinate required revisions to ensure the timely consolidation of monthly financial statements.
- Support ongoing maintenance and filing of supporting documentation, including payment and receipt vouchers, payroll vouchers and related tax documents, bank statements and reconciliation, etc.
- Enter financial transactions into the Accounts Software under guidance from FAM
- Timely filing of all taxes including any applicable withholding taxes and returns.
- Reviews cash advance needs and ensures the estimated costs are adequate, and the expected date of liquidation/clearance is reasonable. Ensures that there is sufficient budget for the planned expenditure.
- Reviews and finalizes expense reports to ensure that expenditures are valid and consistent with the purpose indicated in the cash advance request, and that they are properly supported.
- Checks expenses code and ensures their accuracy.
- Maintain meeting schedules and appointments and make travel arrangements for the staffs
- Assist the FAM in the coordination of arrangements and logistics for in-country visits by groups and/or headquarters personnel.
- Assist the FAM in the carrying out of purchasing and procurement processes that adhere to established controls and mechanisms for the purchase supplies, equipment or services. Negotiate and manage contracts with consultants and vendors.
- Assist the FAM in managing office systems of using office equipment and supplies as well as handling cash, protecting property and sensitive documents.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
· At least 5 years of finance experience, preferably with an INGO
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting or any other comparable financial qualification
· Has knowledge in USAID rules and regulations
· Familiar in Indonesia tax regulations
· Excellent written and spoken English
· Demonstrated working knowledge of QuickBooks is preferable
· Must be dependable, highly organized and have excellent communication skills
· Be a team player with a positive “can-do” attitude
· Experience with facilitation of partner financial workshops essential
Please submit your application, expected salary and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org placing the job title in the subject line and label for your CV with your name (CV max 300KB size). Please do not include any certification, ID or other documents in you application. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Application submitted later than 30 March 2017 will be not considered.