Technical Assistance for Nutrition (TAN) is a project led by the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (DFID) which seeks to improve the capacity of the Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) countries to design, deliver, and track the progress of nutrition programs and to generate, learn from and adopt knowledge of what works. The Micronutrient Initiative (MI) is contributing to TAN by coordinating the provision of Technical Assistance (TA) to help national SUN Focal Points (SUN FP) in select countries, including Indonesia, to overcome gaps in capacity for the design and delivery of multi-sectoral national nutrition plans, tapping into its global hub to source and deploy the expertise needed.In this context, MI requires the following position to support the SUN Secretariat in the National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas) for a period of 2 years for scale-up of nutrition in the country through collective and cooperative engagement of sector partners, stakeholders and SUN Networks.
Technical Advisor to the SUN Secretariat- Bappenas
Specific Objectives:1. Support the strengthening of the SUN Secretariat to be an effective coordinating mechanism for nutrition in the country; 2. Facilitate the SUN Secretariat in steering policy and program guidance under the nutrition portfolio; 3. Facilitate monitoring and tracking of nutrition sensitive and nutrition specific interventions at the national and sub-national levels; 4. Strengthen the multi-sectoral, multi-stakeholder and SUN Networks’ coordination to avoid duplication of effort and build synergies for nutrition actions; 5. Facilitate communication, learning and engagement across the SUN Movement in the country and globally.The Technical Advisor will carry out the activities under the direct supervision of the SUN Government Focal Point and in close collaboration with Director Nutrition, Bappenas. Please refer the website http://www.micronutrient.org/
wp-content/uploads/2016/10/ Technical-Advisor-Indonesia- closes-March-30.pdf
for detailed Terms of Reference with specific responsibilities, expectations and reporting mechanism.
Education:i.At least full time Post-graduate level qualifications in Nutrition/ Food and Nutrition/ Community Nutrition/ Public Health Nutrition/ Public Health/ Public Policy/ Public Administration/ any other related field(s).ii. Qualification in Nutrition would be preferred.
Language Skills:Fluency in written and spoken English& Bahasa is mandatory.
· At least 10 years of relevant technical experience in the field(s) of nutrition and/or health policy planning including program designing and/or implementation and/or monitoring.
· Excellent working knowledge of Government of Indonesia’s nutrition and health portfolios and programmes.
· Excellent knowledge of SDG 2 and probable synergistic collaboration with Indonesia’s national nutrition targets.
· Proven experience in managing multi-stakeholder and multi-sectoral working groups in national and/or sub-national settings.
· Managerial experience in steering a unit/department, preferably nutrition related.
· Experience in strengthening the capacity of ministries/ governments/ other partners in being able to sustain interventions.
· Experience in designing and implementation of reporting and monitoring mechanisms.
· Experience in advocacy and communication for nutrition, with strong skills in facilitation, project management and tracking outcomes.
· Experience in working with multi-donor organizations, civil society networks, UN agencies, government and academic/ research institutions.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their Up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV) and cover letter by email to TechnicalAssistance@
micronutrient.org before 30thMarch
‘Application for support to the SUN Secretariat - Bappenas’ in the subject line
of the email.
The Micronutrient Initiative