KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has a strong reputation in national and international TB control. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. As a non-profit international organization, KNCV is active in over 40 countries in Europe, Africa, Latin America and Asia. The central office is located in The Hague, The Netherlands. KNCV Indonesia helps to combat tuberculosis in Indonesia in close cooperation with the Ministry of Health.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Currently KNCV is looking for a:
Laboratory Consultant (3 posts)
Duty Stations: Medan, Bandung, Surabaya
Consultant for Laboratory Networking – CTB is responsible for providing technical assistance to the Provincial Health Office, District Health Office, Provincial Referral Laboratory/BBLK and Labkesda (Laboratorium Kesehatan Daerah) to improve TB laboratory services of public and private laboratories, network and quality assurance of laboratories at provincial, district and subdistrict levels. The Implementation of the technical assistance is within the scope of CTB annual work plan for year 3 (APA3) for CTB (West Java, Central Java, East Java, North Sumatera).
Key Responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the development of annual, quarterly and monthly activity plans for CTB under leadership of respective Provincial Coordinator (PCO) CTB and STO Province.
- Carry out the activities planned in the quarterly activity plan and monthly activity plan that refer to the annual work plan of respective CTB province for year 3 (APA3) and which have had technical and management approval.
- Provide technical assistance for the development of TB Laboratories network in Province as well as for external quality assurance (EQA), in particular for the TB microscopic examination.
- Provide technical assistance in the implementation and optimal use of tes cepat molekuler (TCM) TB (GeneXpert) in respective province and monitor the progress.
- Perform external coordination with the Provincial Health Office, District Health Office, Provincial Referral Laboratory, PPM Team in districts, other partners and health-care facilities targeted in provinces and districts to support the success of activities within her area of responsibilities, in which prior to that, perform internal coordination with STO and PCO CTB.
- Perform coordination with STOs for Laboratory in KNCV RO, Provincial Health Office and the Provincial Referral Laboratory for the development of intermediate referral laboratories for EQA microscopy in respective province.
- Provide technical assistance outside of province as required and at the request of KNCV RO technical team.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Medical microbiology degree, clinical microbiology/pathology, biology or other relevant degree.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in laboratory and diagnostic microbiology.
- Preferably with good knowledge in TB diagnostic (microscopic examination, culture/Drug Susceptibility Testing and new TB diagnostic tools).
- Good knowledge in laboratory management and biosafety.
- Expert in operating MS Office.
- Good communication skills, Fluent in English oral and written.
KNCV offers a flexible and supportive work environment and strongly encourages developing your skills and abilities to further your career opportunities.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV and application to recruitment.indonesia@kncvtbc.
This vacancy is open until filled.
Please ensure to put the post you apply for in the subject line of your e-mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.