Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Consultant
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
DAI seeks a Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Consultant for a 5-year, $19 million USAID funded “Adaptasi Perubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan (APIK)” Project. The purpose of APIK is to support the Government of Indonesia to strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated manner from the national level down to the community level. APIK will help to mainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into national and subnational governance frameworks, build the capacity of local communities and the private sector to address climate change and weather-related natural hazards, and support the use of information for climate and disaster risk management among key stakeholders.
The Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Consultant will have the following tasks or areas of responsibility:
- Design a private sector engagement strategy and roadmap for APIK to develop strategic partnerships with businesses in Indonesia.
- Increase financial access, hedge value chain sustainability for small and medium business sectors that are vulnerable to Climate Change and Disaster
- Develop and carry out capacity building training for the APIK field teams in how to engage and build partnerships with the private sector
- Develop materials that help communicate climate change and disaster resilience to the private sector including presentations, brochures etc.
- Identify a number of businesses at national or provincial level that APIK can quickly develop partnerships with on climate change / disaster resilience initiatives.
The Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Consultant will have the following outputs:
- PSE initial assessment for APIK
- PSE strategy in Building Private Sector-APIK Flagship Commitment
- PSE roadmap for APIK to develop strategic partnerships with businesses in Indonesia.
- Five years of experience in private sector engagement or corporate social responsibility, preferably with a focus on environmental management and sustainability.
- Possess knowledge of shared value and value chain preferred
- Experience working with / collaborating with national business associations, such as the Indonesia Chamber of Commerce (KADIN), as well as with provincial business networks.
- Experience creating shared value propositions between natural resource and mining industries, environmental nonprofit organizations, and government institutions.
- Master's degree in a relevant field preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Strong English speaking and writing abilities.
· 22 days with potential extension
Base of Operations
· The Location for this position is in Jakarta, Indonesia with possibility to travel to APIK region
· The PSE Consultant will report to the Chief of Party
· Interested applicants are invited to send their CV to APIK_Recruitment@DAI.com. Please send applications not later than 12 March 2017. Applicants are instructed to write “PSE Consultant – NAME” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.______________________________
The DAI email disclaimer can be found at http://www.dai.com/disclaimer.