KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has a strong reputation in national and international TB control. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. As a non-profit international organization, KNCV is active in over 40 countries in Europe, Africa, Latin America and Asia. The central office is located in The Hague, The Netherlands. KNCV Indonesia helps to combat tuberculosis in Indonesia in close cooperation with the Ministry of Health.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centred care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Currently KNCV is looking for a:
Knowledge Management Officer
Duty Station: Representative Office, Jakarta
The Knowledge Management (KM) Officer will responsible for program evaluation by monitoring and documenting program achievements and knowledge management activities. Specifically, the KM Officer will develop the project evaluation plan and results report. The KM officer is also responsible for developing and implementing the Knowledge Management strategy, s/he is expected to lead and support learning events, produce KM guidance, project reports, lead the development of best practices and success stories.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Play a key role in supporting the Strategic Information & Knowledge Management (SI&KM) Coordinator in the development of the project evaluation plan based on the Challenge TB strategy, on short term, mid-term and long term results. The project evaluation plan includes the methodology, instruments, procedures, data collection techniques and other components required.
- Responsible for the project evaluation including evaluation report.
- Play a key role in tracking and documenting project achievements, innovations, deliverables and evaluation results.
- Play a key role in managing all information and knowledge regarding the project, i.e. reports, guidelines, presentations, posters, best practices, lesson learnt, success stories.
- Responsible for the implementation of Portal Informasi Terpadu (PINTU) and ensuring the system is operational and used to its fullest.
- Design and implement effective shared learning activities (on line and in person) – engage and collaborate with other KNCV staff (including provincial focal points) and partners to gather and share information.
- Work collaboratively with peers – work within the SI&KM team and more broadly with other KNCV staff (e.g. communications, web development, technical and provincial teams) to ensure alignment and cohesion.
- In coordination with SI&KM Coordinator and the TA Coordinator provide support in implementing program monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Manage the e–portal and broadening the e- portal utilization among KNCV staff.
- Manage the office electronic and hard copy library.
- Think outside the box – identify and share more creative, efficient and effective ways to engage audiences and facilitate sharing and collaboration.
- Get things done – ensure that quality work is delivered on time.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Educational Qualification
- Master Degree in Health Informatics, Biostatistics, preferably has a medical background.
- At least 5 years experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably in a health programme, ideally in tuberculosis.
- Proven competency in qualitative research studies and project evaluation.
- Report writing.
- Demonstrated ability in developing project evaluation plans including:
- Experienced in developing a research or case study question.
- Experienced in using various evaluation techniques methods, instruments, data collection, report templates, data analysis, particularly on TB.
- Understanding the logical framework approach and theory of change approach.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver knowledge management and/or organizational learning programs.
- Strong interest and experience in non-government development work.
- Excellent facilitation and management skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication/presentation skills, in both Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Ability to create a supportive working environment amongst all staff.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-cultural team and independently.
- Motivated, proactive and willing to learn.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to develop questionnaires/ surveys, experienced Microsoft Excel, Word, SPSS (or other statistic tool) user, experience working with GIS is considered an advantage.
As part of the application process, candidates will be requested to send samples of their writing before the first interview.
KNCV offers a flexible and supportive work environment and strongly encourages developing your skills and abilities to further your career opportunities.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV and application to recruitment.indonesia@kncvtbc.
org by 14 March 2017 at the latest
Please ensure to put the post you apply for in the subject line of your e-mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.