Background of the Project and Assignment
The Australia Indonesia Partnership for Promoting Rural Income through Support for Markets in Agriculture (PRISMA) is an ambitious new rural development program which aims to contribute to a 30%, or more, increase in net incomes for 1,000,000 poor rural female and male farmers, 300,000 of which will be reached by June 2017. AIP-PRISMA will focus on Eastern Indonesia (EJ, NTB, NTT, Papua and W Papua). Once it is fully operationalized, AIP-PRISMA will be the largest making markets work for the poor (M4P) project in the world.
Applications close on 01 May 2017. Please apply via this link.
The post is open for Indonesian national only. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Purpose of The Position
Support the Finance Officer and strengthen the current team in order to equilibrate the growth of the program and the integration of TIRTA, SAFIRA and PRISMA projects under one operation. Under direction of Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant will ensure smooth cash management operations and processing payments, petty cash and banking transactions handling, including maintaining financial records, retrieving financial details of the programs.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Ensure safe security of cash in the office and coordinate weekly and monthly cash counts, including spot counts
• Support Finance Officer to make sure funds for program are available, and to ensure the allowable minimum bank balance at the month-end
Financial System and Procedures
• Report any troubling discoveries or suspicion of wrongdoing to the proper authorities
• Adhere to the corporate financial policies and procedures and client regulations
• Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency
Financial Records, Transactions and Payments
• Prepare financial forms and process in daily basis for IDR currency payment requests and receipts
• Check and scrutinize invoices for accuracy
• Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees
• In line with the other Finance Team Members, establish and maintain filing systems as appropriate
• Uphold Palladium’s policy of Zero Tolerance on bribery and corruption, and ensure due diligence is followed
• Support and strengthen finance management and administration across the program and ensure appropriate audit functions are carried out
• Support in ensuring that audit recommendations are implemented
Key Selection Criteria
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
• Proven experience in managing petty cash, bank account, and preferably familiar with web banking
• Trustworthy, integrity, attention to the details, and organized approach
• Excellent knowledge in accounting and finance
• Demonstrated ability to promote and initiate work processes and complete given assignments with minimum supervision
• Proficient in MS Office
• Good verbal and written communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English
• Ability to work in a team and be customer-satisfaction oriented
• Experience working in or with development programs under DFAT, INGO
• Experience in project management or development