Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
The Research Manager will work within the Last Mile Consulting team and manage a randomized controlled trial on seasonal migration in Nusa Tengara Timor. Planned from May to October 2017, the research will involve recruiting 500 farming households to participate in the study and providing them with information and transportation subsidies to travel to urban areas after agricultural harvests. The aim of the study is to measure the effectiveness of such an intervention on farmers’ income, health, nutrition, and other socioeconomic outcome measures. This position requires strong detail-oriented operational and logistical skills.
- Indonesian national (or expatriates highly fluent in Indonesian)
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline such as economics or business management.
- At least 5 years professional work experience including some in a managerial role.
- Rich experience in research design and management
- Excellent communication skills in Indonesian and English, especially strong English writing and presentation skills.
- A can-do and collaborative mind set – comfortable with ambiguities and demands of a rapidly evolving and fast-paced work environment.
- High energy levels.
- A commitment to Kopernik’s values and reaching underserved communities.
- Willingness to travel.
Skills and behaviors:
- Proficient in English and Indonesian
- Excellent research and analytical skills, particularly quantitative analysis.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Advanced computer skills with competency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Contribute to designing the research with other partner organizations
Training of research coordinators
- Manage the development of tools and materials to be used in the research
- Train research coordinators in the overall research design, implementation of the intervention, data collection, data cleaning, etc.
- Foster and manage strong relationships with other partner organizations involved in the study
- Foster and manage strong relationships with government offices (kabupaten and kecamatan) as well as village leadership.
- Plan and supervise research coordinators who will conduct the day-to-day interactions with participating households and villages
- Travel to the research sites to observe and contribute to the fieldwork
- Ensure the data collected and entered into the system is clean and accurate
- Formulate solutions to logistical and operational issues encountered in the field
Data analysis and report writing
- Analyze both quantitative and qualitative data collected from the 500 households
- Summarize the analysis in a succinct report and propose actionable recommendations based on key findings.
- Obtain approvals from local government and relevant authorities
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the team and management
APPLICATIONS CLOSE MAY 1ST 2017
Only Candidate who send CV, cover letter and one minutes video explaining why they are perfect for the job via our website will be considered. Please visit our website: https://kopernik.info/page/
KOPERNIK CONNECTS SIMPLE TECHNOLOGY WITH LAST MILE COMMUNITIES TO REDUCE POVERTY »KOPERNIK CAREER