Job categories Procurement
Vacancy code VA/2017/B5502/12128
Department/office AR, THOH, Indonesia
Duty station Jakarta, Indonesia
Contract type Local ICA Support
Contract level LICA-5
Duration 3 months
Application period 06-Apr-2017 to 19-Apr-2017
Applications to vacancies must be received before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) on the closing date of the announcement.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
The Bogor Agricultural Institute (IPB) and Columbia University’s Earth Institute, as UNOPS main partners, have developed a “Fire Response System” which contributed to the development of policy frameworks for responding to land and peat fires. This line of work is anticipated to scale up in 2016 through the GAMBUT project (‘Generating Anticipatory Measures for Better Utilization of Tropical Peatlands), comprising capacity building, policy development, technical expertise and knowledge enhancement, and stakeholder coordination.
The Procurement Assistant is expected to support day-to-day procurement activities of GAMBUT project in Jakarta and field offices. The Procurement Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach and works in close collaboration with other members of project team/colleagues to ensure coordinated and timely procurement and contract services to GAMBUT team and its partners.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of day-to-day procurement operation
- Procurement planning
- Support contract management
- Support supplier relationship management
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Duties & Responsibilities:
A. Ensures implementation of day-to-day procurement operation:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Contribution to project’s procurement business processes mapping
B. Support to project procurement planning for acquisition of goods and services; for ad hoc transactions and/or establishment of Long Term Agreements (LTA’s):
- Planning of schedules and priorities as well as identification of correct procurement course of action for the goods or services in question
- Preparation of draft technical specifications/TOR for supervisor review
- Providing feedback to project staff on queries on procurement methodology, rules and regulations, and evaluation process.
- Conducting simple market research to keep abreast of market developments for goods and services to be tendered, including availability and new potential sources of supply.
C. Support contract management and procurement cycle for ad-hoc transactions and establishment of LTA, for goods and services:
- Creation of shortlists of suitable suppliers
- Preparation of solicitation documents and operational procurement actions: (ITBs, RFQs and RFPs), including specifications relating to each case as well as specific terms and conditions.
- Drafting evaluation of ITB/RFPs and submission or Note for file as required
- Ensuring timely and safe delivery of goods and services as ordered
- Proactive contribution to enhancement of UNOPS’ Procurement procedures, policies, guidelines and solicitation documents to institutionalize best practices and knowledge sharing.
- Maintain effective relations and correspondence with clients, donors, governments and suppliers during the whole process
- Maintain records on contract and assets management, preparation of draft reports.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to Operations Analyst and Project Manager.
- Monitor grant and contract record and sending reminder to client/project officer for milestones/progress report and installment due.
- Organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements and preparation of documents as required
D. Manage supplier relationship:
- Effective communication with existing and potential suppliers
- Monitor supplier’s performance with regards to quality, delivery, after-sales service, warranty in respect to compliance with UNOPS’ requirements. Provide feedback to evaluation by Supervisor.
E. Support to knowledge building and sharing:
- Participation in procurement and ethics training as requested.
- Promotion of best practices and increased awareness and knowledge of UNOPS procurement manual and procurement rules and regulations throughout the organization.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice, both locally and internationally.
|Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.|
individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and
encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical
norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for
diversity and inclusion.
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent with 5 years of relevant experience.
- A first university degree (bachelor’s or equivalent) specializing in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Logistics, Finance or any related field in combination with at least 1 year relevant experience is considered as equivalent
- A technical/professional diploma in the relevant field in combination with 3 years of relevant experience is considered as equivalent.
- At least 5 years work experience in procurement and/or general administrative support in combination with a high school diploma/secondary school certificate.
- At least 1 year experience in public procurement
- Experience working in international organizations such as the UN, INGOs, etc
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, etc)
- Experience in handling web-based management systems
- Knowledge of UNOPS and/or UN system, rules and procedure is an advantage
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and intermediate level in spoken and written English.
Contract type: Local ICA
Contract level: LICA-5
Contract duration: 5 months, renewable subject to performance and funding
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.