Transformasi is implementing 15 months SINERGI project through a
consortium together with Rajawali Foundation and Education Development
Center (EDC). SINERGI is under KUNCI Initiative implemented by DAI and
supported by USAID. The purpose of KUNCI project is to promote more
inclusive economic growth by improving access to workforce and
entrepreneurial skills for poor and vulnerable youth. The ultimate goal
of this project is to connect 200,000 poor and vulnerable young
Indonesians with learning and livelihood opportunities. The goal of
SINERGI project is to develop a better match between the job skills of
poor and vulnerable youth and local labor market demand, through
enhanced multi-stakeholder coordination and smarter policies. SINERGI
will be implemented under two phase, the pilot period for 15 months in
Central Java and the implementation period for the next 3.5 years
(subject for USAID approval). The goal of the project is achieved
through successful implementation of the following three Intermediate
1. Improved national level inclusive workforce policy environment
through knowledge sharing among government and private sector actors;
2. Improved provincial level inclusive workforce coordination among government, training providers, youth and private sector;
3. Improved vocational training that equips poor and vulnerable youth with relevant work skills.
Transformasi is seeking a Provincial Coordinator who will mainly be
responsible to engage stakeholders at the provincial level. He/She will
play coordinating role in establishing Provincial Youth Support
Committee (PYSC), facilitating PYSC regular forum and engaging PYSC
members to secure their commitment to the project.
Provincial Coordinator will report to and support Project Leader to
ensure the achievement of project activity and delivery /output at the
provincial level. To achieve this, the position will supervise 2
Technical Officer and 1 Communication Officer based in province, and
coordinate with other supporting team at the national and provincial
level to ensure effective teamwork. The position will also work closely
with Mitra KUNCI and other potential partners for activities at the
Duties and Responsibilities:
• In collaboration with Project leader, develop detailed work plan and budget and changes needed.
• Supervise and coordinate the implementation of project activities
including technical facilitation, stakeholder’s engagement, monitoring
data collection, communication and campaign to ensure it contribute to
• Consolidate the work of project staff at the provincial level to
ensure effective and efficient implementation of project activities.
• Take responsibility to ensure the achievement of project deliverables/output in accordance with indicators and targeted date.
• Take responsibility to ensure budget allocation and expenses at the
provincial level are efficient and comply with Mitra KUNCI’s procedures
• Play a role as an office manager at the provincial level to ensure
office operation runs properly in accordance with KUNCI’s procedures.
• Engage PYSC members to secure their commitment to the project.
• Play leading role in facilitating PYSC regular meetings and one-on-one meeting with key stakeholders.
• Provide input to project leader to improve the project strategies and implementation
• Under supervision of Project Leader, recruit technical officers.
• Develop effective communication, consultation and collaboration with
national staff, other Mitra KUNCI and other KUNCI’s Project
• In collaboration with M&E Officer and Technical Officer, develop
project report activities that meet the standard of KUNCI.
• Develop performance indicator for all project staff at the provincial level and evaluate their performance regularly.
• Oversee the smooth and safety office operation in Central Java.
• Recruit, supervise and evaluate technical officer and communication officer.
• Engage the head of government agencies, mid-level staff of companies, TVET center managers.
• Propose the budget activities at the provincial and district level.
• Manage and allocate the use of vehicle to support the project activities.
• Approve bank transaction at provincial level according to the approved budget by the Project Leader.
• Master degree graduates from any disciplines.
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience in program/project implementation, preferably in Central Java Province.
• Experience working with provincial government in Central Java.
• Familiar with TVET and labor issue.
• Network with TVET center and private sectors in Central Java is preferable.
• Has a good understanding in program management cycle.
• Strong leadership, organizational and planning skills.
• Strong networking, facilitation and communication skills.
• Experience working with INGO or International circumstance is beneficial.
• Able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Willing to travel to the project sites frequently.
• Computer literate on MS Office, with professional email writing experience.
• Proficient in English.
• Good report writing skills.
• Strong ability to multi-task effectively.
• Based in Semarang.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above
qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on 30th April
2017 at the latest to:
Human Resources Department
Please indicate on the subject heading: Provincial Coordinator Only short listed candidates will be notified