Terms of reference
Project: Berbak Green Prosperity Partnership
Duty station: Jambi, Sumatera
Firm (employer): Euroconsult Mott MacDonald
Duration 10 months
The Berbak Green Prosperity Partnership (BGPP) – or, Kehijau Berbak - began in January 2016 to work in the 250,000 ha peat land dominated Berbak landscape in Jambi, Sumatra. It aims to rehabilitate degraded peat land, work with the local communities and government to improve peat land management practices and provide enhanced and alternative economic opportunities for communities that derive their livelihoods from palm oil production, other plantation commodities, peat land-based and adjacent mineral soil agricultural activities. The first phase of work will be completed in March 2018.
BGPP will deliver two components:
Component 1. Peat land Restoration
This component involves six sets of activities related to Canal blocking, Landscape management, Mobilization of community commitment, Sustainable low carbon livelihoods, Impact monitoring and evaluation and Support for provincial peat land restoration forums.
Component 2. Sustainable Oil Palm
This component involves three sets of activities related to Sustainable oil palm plantations, Independent smallholder oil palm replanting and Low carbon rural energy.
The Agro-economist is required to support the components 1 to support the sustainable livelihood activities for the target community surrounding the Tahura Berbak.
- Degree in Management, Agronomy, Agriculture, and/or Economics from reputable university.
- Experience in farm budget analysis.
- Experience in supporting and training farmers to prepare budgets
- Experience in conducting economic surveys
- Knowledge on how to calculate C/B ratio, NPV, return on labor and ROI
- Experienced in mentioned tasks for at least 5 years.
- Good English
Main tasks :
- Analyses village-level economic activities and provide recommendations (in collaboration with NGOs)
- Prepare crop & farm budgets and provide training to farmers, in close collaboration with NGOs
- Provide input to investment recommendations on village levels (e.g. for Dana Desa)
- Conduct economic surveys and calculations as input to value chain analysis (incl. C/B ratio, NPV, return on labor and ROI per ha)
- Reporting in English language required.
Interested candidate may submit their CV and Cover letter to response the selection criteria to : firstname.lastname@example.org by the latest 6 of May 2017. Only short listed candidate will be contacted.