Tuberculosis (TB) Expert,
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The USAID/Indonesia Monitoring & Evaluation Support Project (MESP) works to improve the functioning and utility of USAID Mission performance monitoring, evaluation, learning, and project design and implementation, through a combination of direct M&E support, expert technical assistance, training, and knowledge sharing.
Under MESP, MSI has been asked to conduct midterm evaluation of Challenge TB (CTB) Indonesia activities to analyze, improve and strengthen the implementation of the project and enhance the impacts of CTB Indonesia.
Please note: Only Indonesian citizens are eligible for this position
MSI is seeking Tuberculosis (TB) Expert to serve as Midterm Evaluation Team Members and work under the leadership of the Team Leader and MSI for the upcoming CTB Indonesia project midterm evaluation. The purpose of this midterm evaluation is to improve the implementation and enhance the impacts of CTB Indonesia. The evaluation will achieve this purpose by assessing the project’s performance, its outcomes, its progress towards intended results, and CTB’s qualifications and position in the GOI’s response to TB, and then recommending ways in which implementation can be enhanced.
The midterm evaluation is expected to begin in June 2017 and finish by the end September 2017. The anticipated level of effort for the TB Expert is approximately 50-55 days.
· Review project background materials
· Participate in the initial Team Planning Meeting
· Contribute to the development of the design of midterm evaluation, including the methodology and workplan, midterm evaluation reports (draft and final), and debriefing
· Support and participate in quantitative and qualitative data collection, which may include desk review, key informant interviews, and/or focus group discussions in Jakarta and multiple provinces
· Provide the midterm evaluation team with insight into the functioning of Indonesia health systems and institution related to National TB Program (NTP)
· Analyze quantitative and qualitative data that has been collected
· Contribute to coordinating a Findings/Conclusions/
Recommendations Workshop in Jakarta as well
as a final workshop with Government of Indonesia officials
· Other tasks, as assigned by the Team Leader or MSI
- Master’s degree or higher in relevant field required
- At least 10 years’ experience working in health sector, particularly in TB field
- Strong knowledge of governance of Indonesia’s structure and Indonesia health system, preferably including TB/NTP
- Basic research skills including experience conducting structure/semi-structure interviews and focus group discussion
- Experience reviewing and making sense of a large volume of interview data preferred
- Experience working on evaluation team under donor-funded projects preferred
- Excellent writing and inter-personal communications skills
- Fluency in English language preferred
· Midterm evaluation designs and work plans, including input regarding data collection and quantitative and qualitative data analysis
· Final midterm evaluation report
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.