USAID Indonesia Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project
MSI is an international development firm in the Washington, D.C., metro area with a 30-year history of helping to deliver results across the developing world. We operate in some of the most challenging political and economic climates in the world, including Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and South Sudan. MSI currently employs over 800 development experts in the fields of public sector management, monitoring and evaluation, governance, and anticorruption. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The USAID/Indonesia Monitoring & Evaluation Support project (MESP) is a three-year project based in Jakarta. The project provides assistance to the entire USAID Mission portfolio, including implementing partners, local partners and Government of Indonesia stakeholders. The project includes three components: Performance monitoring, Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting, and Evaluation and Technical Assistance.
The Finance Assistant will primarily support the Project Account and HR/Office Manager. In this capacity, the Finance Assistant will assist in processing payment vouchers including reviewing expense reports, ensure accuracy for payment submission, ensure that financial transactions are in line with MSI and USAID regulations; and complete general administrative tasks such as tracking all supporting letters required for VAT exemption process.
· Support field Accountant in implementation of day-to-day MESP operations and accounting activities including accounts payable, purchasing and account receivable;
· Check the completeness of supporting documents for payments and make sure that all documents are in line with MSI and USAID regulations;
· Process payment voucher to be registered in S2B Standard Chartered Bank by the Accountant;
· Filing all financial documents and sending financial reports to MSI home office on a monthly basis;
· Maintain financial records (receipt, vouchers, invoice, etc);
· Follow up supporting letters required for VAT exemption process, with Government of Indonesia related department;
· Coordinate the administrative processes that need to be completed for procurement;
· Maintain appropriate records to ensure that procurement processes, decisions and contractual agreements are accurately documented for accountability and audit purposes; and
· Perform other duties related to accounting and administrative tasks, as requested.
Qualifiction and Requirement:
1. Bachelor degree in Accounting;
2. Minimum 2-3 years of professional experience in accounting and financial management;
3. A good knowledge of general accounting practices and procedures, fund accounting bookkeeping and taxes;
4. Familiarity with and awareness of the laws and regulations that apply to accounting functions to ensure compliance;
5. Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia (required) and English (minimum level 3 required)
6. Basic knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel is mandatory, QuickBooks is a plus);
7. Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures is also a plus.
**This is a local position; only Indonesian nationals will be considered**
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please send your CV in English to IDNMESPRecruit@msiworldwide.and put “Finance Assistant” in the subject line no later than May 31,2017