Transformasi is implementing 15 months SINERGI project through a
consortium together with Rajawali Foundation and Education Development
Center (EDC). SINERGI is under KUNCI Initiative implemented by DAI and
supported by USAID. The purpose of KUNCI project is to promote more
inclusive economic growth by improving access to workforce and
entrepreneurial skills for poor and vulnerable youth. The ultimate goal
of this project is to connect 200,000 poor and vulnerable young
Indonesians with learning and livelihood opportunities.
The goal of SINERGI project is to develop a better match between the job
skills of poor and vulnerable youth and local labor market demand,
through enhanced multi-stakeholder coordination and smarter policies.
SINERGI will be implemented under two phase, the pilot period for 15
months in Central Java and the implementation period for the next 3.5
years (subject for USAID approval). The goal of the project is achieved
through successful implementation of the following three Intermediate
1. Improved national level inclusive workforce policy environment
through knowledge sharing among government and private sector actors;
2. Improved provincial level inclusive workforce coordination among government, training providers, youth and private sector;
3. Improved vocational training that equips poor and vulnerable youth with relevant work skills.
Transformasi is seeking a Research Officer responsible for conducting
research activities, mainly on the field, under the supervision of
Research Coordinator. The role of this position is to collect and clean
data, analyze data, and write policy paper. The position will be based
in Central Java with frequent travel to cities/regions within the
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Responsibilities
• Conduct policy review and mapping at the provincial/district/city level.
• Implement Regulatory Impact Analysis/Assessment (RIA) at the provincial/district/city level.
• Conduct stakeholder mapping analysis at the provincial/district/city level.
• Carry out capacity development need analysis to assess the need for
institutional capacity development at the provincial/district/city
• Coordinate with Policy Advisor and Research Coordinator in relation
with the use of design methodology for data collection and data analysis
• Assist Research Coordinator in developing data collection
instruments/tools (questionnaire and its manual, interview guideline,
FGD guideline, and so on).
• Assist Research Coordinator in carrying out pre-testing for data collection instruments.
• Work together with Technical Officer to conduct qualitative data collection and analysis.
• Conduct descriptive analysis for quantitative data.
• Lead and guide the implementation of research-related FGD, PRA,
consultation, public hearing, and workshop activities at the
• Facilitate and guide technical-substantive meetings/discussions with
local government institutions and policy stakeholders at the
• Collect and analyze secondary data.
• Conduct field observation related to the implementation of worker training policy at the provincial/district/city level.
• Assist Policy Advisor in developing data analysis techniques, both quantitatively and qualitatively.
• Develop the initial draft of research writing and policy papers
(policy briefs, policy notes, executive summary, and policy articles).
• Prepare report on data collection, data analysis, and policy paper writing activities to be submitted to Research Coordinator.
• Prepare advance request and settlement for activities pursuant to prevailing laws and regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree from Public Policy, Public Administration, Policy
Science, and other related fields, master’s degree is an advantage.
• At least 5 years of relevant work experiences in policy research.
• Quantitative and qualitative data collection skill.
• Experience in collecting data for stakeholder mapping and baseline survey.
• Familiarity with TVET and labor issue is an advantage.
• Experience working with USAID project and familiarity with its regulation are preferable.
• Strong analytical skill and detailed-oriented.
• Strong writing skill.
• Experience in using camera and recording video is preferrable.
• Good facilitation and communication skill.
• Have a motorcycle license and are willing to travel within the project sites frequently.
• Ability to use English in professional circumstance.
• Computer literate on MS Office, with professional email writing experience.
• Strong ability to multi-task effectively.
• Able to work independently and in a team.
• Based in Semarang.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above
qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on 12th June
2017 at the latest to:
Human Resources Department
Please indicate on the subject heading: Research Offficer
Only short listed candidates will be notified