Transformasi is implementing 15 months SINERGI project through a
consortium together with Rajawali Foundation and Education Development
Center (EDC). SINERGI is under KUNCI Initiative implemented by DAI and
supported by USAID. The purpose of KUNCI project is to promote more
inclusive economic growth by improving access to workforce and
entrepreneurial skills for poor and vulnerable youth. The ultimate goal
of this project is to connect 200,000 poor and vulnerable young
Indonesians with learning and livelihood opportunities.
The goal of SINERGI project is to develop a better match between the job
skills of poor and vulnerable youth and local labor market demand,
through enhanced multi-stakeholder coordination and smarter policies.
SINERGI will be implemented under two phase, the pilot period for 15
months in Central Java and the implementation period for the next 3.5
years (subject for USAID approval). The goal of the project is achieved
through successful implementation of the following three Intermediate
1. Improved national level inclusive workforce policy environment
through knowledge sharing among government and private sector actors;
2. Improved provincial level inclusive workforce coordination among government, training providers, youth and private sector;
3. Improved vocational training that equips poor and vulnerable youth with relevant work skills.
Transformasi is seeking a Communication Officer responsible to develop
communication and campaign materials, disseminate it to local audience
and engage local media. The position will report to Provincial
Coordinator with close coordination with Communication and Campaign
Specialist and his/her main task is to implement the overall
communication and campaign activities at the provincial and district
level according to communication and campaign strategy developed by the
Communication Officer will report to Provincial Coordinator.
Duties and responsibilities
Summary of responsibilities
• Organize communication and campaign activities at the provincial and
district level including press conference, media gathering, media
interview, media visit, TV/radio talk show, etc, referring to the
communication and campaign strategy created by communication and
• Develop communication message and news products (news article, press
release, news flash, opinion-editorial, photo, and video) containing
strong news value for public and media consumption.
• Support Communication and Campaign Specialist to develop and
distribute other communication material such as leaflet, brochure,
banner, poster, to be distributed to PYSC members and other stakeholders
at the local level.
• Maintain relations with local media in Central Java and targeted
districts to raise their awareness and interest to cover the project
• Maintain relationship with public relations from local government and
private sectors at the provincial, district or city level to support the
project objectives and delivery.
• Liaise with local interviewees/spoke persons from government and non-government sectors.
• Conduct media monitoring at the targeted provincial and districts to be reported to communication and campaign specialist.
• In coordination with Technical Officer, conduct campaign activities
targeting P & V Youth at targeted districts/cities, which this
include radio talk show, human interest stories, etc.
• Develop weekly article to be posted on organization’s website and
social media official account based on information and data generated
from project activities, documents, interview and field observation.
• Develop communication and media report regularly to Provincial Coordinator copied to Communication and Campaign Specialist.
• Propose communication and campaign activities and budget to Provincial Coordinator.
Desired Qualifications and Skill
• Bachelor degree in Communication, Public Relations, Journalism or other relevant studies.
• A minimum of 5 years experience working in the field of communication and media.
• Experience working as communication person in INGO, public relations or journalist is preferable.
• Excellent journalistic skill from determining news angle,
interviewing, writing and editing according to journalistic standard.
• Technical skill in photography and videography.
• Strong network with local media (printed and electronic) in Central Java and targeted district/city.
• Experience in conducting media monitoring.
• Highly creative and strong sense in visual communication.
• Experience in arranging media event such as press conference, media workshop, journalist visit, media road show, etc.
• Goon commend in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia.
• Fully capable to work individually with minimum supervision.
• Willing to learn new issues related to the projects.
• Willing to travel to district/city within Central Java.
• Computer literate on MS Office, with professional email writing experience.
• Familiar with using camera, video camera, and relevant application and software for picture and film editing are an advantage.
• Based in Semarang.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above
qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on 12th June
2017 at the latest to:
Human Resources Department
Please indicate on the subject heading: Communication Officer
Only short listed candidates will be notified