VECO-Indonesia (www.vecoindonesia.org), the regional branch of the international NGO Vredeseilanden, committed to the promotion of Sustainable Agriculture within the context of agricultural value chain development, is now recruiting an Indonesian National for the position of:
Responsible for the development, implementation and update of VECO Indonesia’s communication, publications and branding.
To be based in our Regional Office in Denpasar, Bali.
· Manage VECO Indonesia’s external communication on homepage, social media and other modern communication channels;
· Modernize VECO Indonesia’s publication and external communication strategy and formulation of guidelines;
· Planning, preparation, production and distribution of VECO Indonesia’s publications;
· Generate content for communication feeds, publications and PR-material in collaboration with other VECO Indonesia staff members;
· Be an active member of the international communication team by liaising with other VECO offices and VECO International and implementing the international agenda;
· Maintain good relationships with press, publishers and other media related institutions;
· Review and edit all important documents and messages produced at VECO Indonesia such as reports, memos, concept notes, contracts, project proposals, letters and PowerPoint-presentations in order to reach the minimum required standard regarding language (English and Bahasa Indonesia), design, content and PR-value;
· Contribute to VECO-Indonesia’s decision-making on strategic issues.
Key Competences and qualifications:
• At least 5 years experience in a similar position (or equivalent);
• Degree in Communication, Media, Journalism, Political Sciences, Rural Development, English and/or Indonesian Language or Literature (or equivalent);
• Excellent communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English (spoken and written);
• Sufficient experience with design, editing and production of written and audio-visual media;
• Good IT skills (including graphic design software and web page design);
• Skills in facilitation, communication and networking with internal and external parties;
• Understanding of communication networks in sustainable agriculture, advocacy and consumer behavior is an advantage;
· Experience or interest in working in a multicultural and diverse environment;
• Affinity with sustainable, human and environmentally friendly practices.
To maintain a good gender balance in our team we especially encourage female candidates to apply.
Please submit by e-mail your CV, application letter and minimum salary expectation before 8 May 2017 to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.