The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is a conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people. In Indonesia, TNC has been supporting improved natural resource planning and management for more than 25 years, including working with government, private sector, and local communities. We currently have an opening for:
This position is responsible for the day-to-day administration of office activities within the Berau Field Office. S/he coordinates such activities as central administrative processes (facility management, telecommunications, general maintenance/repairs, central services, mailroom operations, central filing, telephone/public reception and/or printing) or maintaining office supplies, general purchasing requests and general office duties. S/he oversees some financial/accounting responsibilities as well as performs various HR related administrative tasks. S/he provides a full range of high-level administrative support to senior management by preparing correspondence and materials, handling travel arrangements and scheduling. This position includes frequent interaction with all members within the organization as well as donors, vendors and business relations. S/he may prepare accounting forms and disbursement requests.
Specific duties are as follows:
- Provides a full range of administrative and/or program support to the Berau Office. This includes various office tasks such as answering phones, sorting/distributing mail, maintaining equipment, ordering supplies, working with vendors, drafting correspondence, maintaining logs and costs, organizing and filing. Periodically communicate on behalf of the supervisor with internal staff and vendors
- Handles inquiries about field office activities, communications and/or educational materials
- Prepares accounting forms and disbursement requests
- Handles travel arrangements and coordinate logistics with others as needed
- Responsible for document filing
- In charge of office management and ensures that the Berau Field Office is functioning smoothly. Provides recommendations to supervisor as needed, on how to better work environment
- Takes up the role of HR rep in the field, assisting staff with medical/hospitalization issues and helping HR collect regular data on meal allowances and staff overtime work
- Records and keeps track of the Berau Field Office inventory
- Processes police and/or other travel permits at related institutions for purpose of field/VIP trips by foreigners
- Supervises drivers and ensure that drivers’ schedule is well planned and that office cars are well maintained
- Supervises outsourced office helper and security
The Operations Administrator reports to the Finance and Administration Manager of the Terrestrial Program and is based in Berau, East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities to meet deadlines.
- Experience performing one or more administrative processes.
- Experience working and communicating with a wide range of people.