Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
We are currently recruiting a highly talented and motivated Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) officer who will work as part of the Wonder Women Indonesia (WWI) program. The program makes clean energy technologies available in remote communities through a network of (mainly) women micro-small entrepreneurs (Wonder Women). These local women entrepreneurs sell clean energy technologies, such as water filters, cookstoves and solar lights, in their communities. Kopernik supplies technologies to the Wonder Women and provides a suite of training and support to help them succeed.
The M&E Officer will design and implement M&E systems and tools and collect and analyse data. The M&E Officer’s role will be to provide timely and accurate data for the program team to learn from and improve the program, track the program’s impact as well as to meet donor reporting requirements. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will travel frequently throughout Indonesia and work closely across Kopernik's field offices to manage the collection and analysis of the data.
- University degree in a relevant discipline such as statistics, economics, development studies, statistics, mathematics or business administration;
- Knowledge of M&E and data collection/analysis methodologies;
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing and refining data collection tools, data quality assessments.
- Experience in providing training to others.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Indonesian;
- Excellent research and analytical skills, particularly strong quantitative and data analysis skills.
- Comfortable with using mobile data collection and analysis applications;
- A can-do and collaborative mindset – comfortable with the ambiguities and demands of a rapidly evolving work environment;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Impact and data focused;
- High energy levels;
- A commitment to Kopernik’s values and culture;
- Willingness to travel to and spend time in rural communities.
Skills and behaviors:
- Fluent in English and Indonesian
- Excellent research and analytical skills, particularly quantitative analysis
- Advanced IT skills with fluency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organisational skills
Field team management
- Support, mentor and supervise M&E associates to collect and analyse data.
- Travel to the research sites to conduct field research.
- Conduct training to build the research and data analysis capacity of the field team.
- Solve logistical and operational issues.
Data analysis and report writing
- Data validation: ensure the data collected and entered into the system is clean and accurate.
- Manage and analyze quantitative and qualitative data collected from the households.
- Present findings in professional, graphic reports and propose actionable recommendations based on key findings.
- Obtain approvals from local government and relevant authorities.
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the team and management.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE MAY 28TH 2017
Only Candidate who send CV, cover letter and one minutes video explaining why they are perfect for the job via our website will be considered. Please visit our website: https://kopernik.info