Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
We are currently recruiting a highly talented and motivated Program Manager who will lead our Wonder Women Eastern Indonesia (WWEI) program, making clean energy technologies available in remote communities through a network of (mainly) women micro-small entrepreneurs (MSEs). These local women entrepreneurs sell life-changing technologies, such as water filters, cookstoves and solar lights, in their communities, earning a margin from each sale. Kopernik supplies technologies to the MSEs and provides a suite of training and support to help them succeed. Many MSEs are based in remote areas with little or no access to telecommunications or internet.
The Program Manager will manage the implementation of the program and make improvements to the existing strategy over time. The Program Manager will provide capacity building for the staff to expand the distribution of clean energy technologies, a range of services to support and guide MSEs through various stages of development, and manage relationship with various stakeholders.
As Program Manager you will manage the implementation of the Wonder Women Eastern Indonesia program. You will report to the Program Director.
Preference will be given to Indonesian nationals but non-Indonesian candidates will also be considered for this position.
- University degree in relevant field (business, international development) Master Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years professional work experience.
- Extensive project implementation and management experience.
- Experience managing and motivating teams.
- Fully computer literate, fluent in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong partnerships with government and donor agencies.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Indonesian.
- Experience in producing top quality donor reports and grant proposals.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely in English and Indonesian.
- Experience in prioritizing, delegating, motivating and ensuring teamwork and well-being.
- Creative and keen to innovate and experiment.
- Positive attitude, honest, hard worker, reliable, motivated, and passionate about social impact.
- A can-do and collaborative mind set - comfortable with the ambiguities and demands of a rapidly evolving work environment.
- Adaptable and flexible, impact and data focused, problem solver.
- Experience in working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and an ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Willingness to work in and travel to rural villages and get your hands dirty.
- Car ride a motorcycle and possess valid drivers license (SIM C).
- Lead, mentor and support the WWEI team to implement the WWEI program.
- Develop staff capacity to implement the WWEI program.
- Develop systems and processes to scale up the WWEI program.
- Manage multi-donor workplans and budgets.
- Donor reporting.
- Refine and improve the business development strategy as the program grows.
- Collaborate with other teams in Kopernik.
- Ensure accurate data collection, analysis, and reporting on sales, targets and progress for monthly reporting.
- Oversee the development and implementation of training for MSEs relevant to the program.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Work closely with the procurement and logistics team to ensure timely movement of stock and manage pricing of technologies across various locations.
- Identify and acquire new funding sources for program.
- Other duties as required.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE MAY 28TH 2017
Only Candidate who send CV, cover letter and one minutes video explaining why they are perfect for the job via our website will be considered. Please visit our website: https://kopernik.