Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
We are currently recruiting a highly talented and motivated, business-savvy Senior Program Officer who will work as part of the Wonder Women Eastern Indonesia (WWEI) program, making clean energy technologies available in remote communities through a network of (mainly) women micro-small entrepreneurs (Wonder Women). These local women entrepreneurs sell clean energy technologies, such as water filters, cookstoves and solar lights, in their communities. Kopernik supplies technologies to the Wonder Women and provides a suite of training and support to help them succeed.
The Senior Program Officer will support the Associate Program Manager to manage the implementation of the program. The Senior Program Officer will provide capacity building for the staff to expand the distribution of clean energy technologies, a range of services to support and guide Wonder Women through various stages of development, and manage relationship with various stakeholders.
- Indonesian national
- Degree in a relevant discipline such as economics, international development, or business management.
- At least 3 years professional work experience including in project or program management. Experience in sales or marketing.
- A can-do and collaborative mind set – comfortable with ambiguities and demands of a rapidly evolving and fast-paced work environment.
- Optimistic nature, honest, ethical, reliable, motivated, and passionate about social impact.
- High energy levels.
- A commitment to Kopernik’s values and reaching underserved communities.
- Past experience and willingness to work in and travel to rural villages and get your hands dirty.
- Can ride a motorcycle and possess valid drivers license (SIM C).
- Willingness to travel.
Skills and behaviors:
- Strong communicator with ability to work with multicultural teams.
- Fluency in English and Indonesian with high level writing skills.
- Fluency in excel, powerpoint and very strong analytical skills.
- Impact and data focused. Must be very comfortable with numbers.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills
- Business development experience.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Together with WWEI Associate Program Manager implement all aspects of and provide oversight of Kopernik’s Wonder Women Easter Indonesia Program.
- Provide leadership as the head of office in Kupang.
- Manage a team of 17 staff based in 6 offices across East and West Nusa Tenggara.
- Develop team capacity to implement the WWEI program.
- Together with WWEI Associate Program Manager develop strategies for Wonder Women recruitment, training and retention,marketing, location selection, product mix and pricing.
- Work with program and M&E team to collect, analyse and report data on program performance.
- Actively identify new markets, potential partnership opportunities for micro-entrepreneurs and assist them to pursue these opportunities.
- Develop marketing strategies for micro-entrepreneurs.
LOCAL PARTNER ENGAGEMENT
- Identify new strategic partners and maintain effective partnerships.
REPORTING AND ADMINISTRATION
- Review and activate closing processes for inactive Wonder Women
- Data collection and analysis – provide monthly reports on program activity to Associate Program Manager and Program Director.
- Produce regular, high quality donor reports (substantive and financial).
APPLICATIONS CLOSE MAY 28TH 2017
Only Candidate who send CV, cover letter and one minutes video explaining why they are perfect for the job via our website will be considered. Please visit our website: https://kopernik.