Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
We are currently recruiting a highly talented and motivated Senior Training Officer who will work as part of the Wonder Women Eastern Indonesia (WWEI) program. The program makes clean energy technologies available in remote communities through a network of (mainly) women micro-small entrepreneurs (Wonder Women). These local women entrepreneurs sell clean energy technologies, such as water filters, cookstoves and solar lights, in their communities. Kopernik supplies technologies to the Wonder Women and provides a suite of training and support to help them succeed.
The Senior Training Officer will be responsible for developing the training, mentoring and coaching curriculum for the Wonder Women. The Senior Training Officer will also ensure that the training curriculum of Wonder Women (technology sales agents) is implemented across the program. Together with Program Officers, the Training Officer will provide technical supervision of the training, mentoring and monitoring of the women entrepreneurs in all areas. This position requires a high energy person with strong capacity for and knowledge of designing and implementing a training curriculum.
- Indonesian national
- Degree in a relevant discipline such as education, economics, business management.
- At least 3 years experience working as a trainer in economic empowerment training, mentoring programs and adult learning (experience in business and financial literacy training and mentoring for women entrepreneurs would be an advantage)/
- A can-do and collaborative mind set – comfortable with ambiguities and demands of a rapidly evolving and fast-paced work environment.
- Optimistic nature, honest, ethical, reliable, motivated, and passionate about social impact.
- High energy levels.
- A commitment to Kopernik’s values and reaching underserved communities.
- Past experience and willingness to work in and travel to rural villages and get your hands dirty.
- Can ride a motorcycle and possess valid drivers license (SIM C).
- Willingness to be based in Kupang with frequent travel.
Skills and behaviors:
- Extensive experience in the design and delivery of training programs.
- Experience in designing and delivering training on business skills.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
- Strong communicator with ability to work with multicultural teams.
- Fluency in English and Indonesian with high level writing skills.
- Impact and data focused. Must be very comfortable with numbers.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills
WONDER WOMEN TRAINING DEVELOPMENT & IMPLEMENTATION:
- Assess the training needs of the Wonder Women.
- Develop training modules and accompanying manuals and resources for Wonder Women and deliver training.
- Provide overall supervision of the planning, implementation, documentation and monitoring of the training, mentoring and coaching activities of the Wonder Women.
FIELD STAFF CAPACITY BUILDING:
- Assess the training needs of the field based program staff.
- Develop the capacity of field based program staff to deliver training and conduct coaching and mentoring for the Wonder Women.
- Provide ongoing coaching and monitoring for Project Officers to ensure the Wonder Women training package is implemented.
ADMINISTRATION & MONITORING:
- Develop, manage and maintain a training database for the program.
- Work with M&E officer to monitor and evaluate training results of the Wonder Women.
- Provide regular reports on progress to the program management.
- Other duties as needed
APPLICATIONS CLOSE MAY 28TH 2017
Only Candidate who send CV, cover letter and one minutes video explaining why they are perfect for the job via our website will be considered. Please visit our website: https://kopernik.