Term of Reference
ASEAN Learning Series and Policy Engagement on Agricultural Cooperative (ALSPEAC)
Inclusive Coffee Value Chain
ASEAN Farmers’ Organisation Support Programme (AFOSP) is an EU-IFAD Grant funded multi-stakeholder projects that aims to improve the livelihood and food security situation of smallholder farmers and rural producers in ASEAN Countries. The programme consists of two major components of the Regional Policy Dialogue (Medium term Cooperation Program Phase II and Regional Policy Dialogue/MTCP 2) and Farmers Fighting Poverty (FFP). The main stakeholders of AFOSP are the Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development (AFA), La Via Campesina (LVC), the ASEAN Foundation (AF), and participating ASEAN Farmers’ Organisations (FOs).
The ASEAN Learning Series is a continuation of the ASEAN Learning Route (ALRAC). The 2017 ALSPEAC will be organised in Yogyakarta, Indonesia on 19 – 21 July 2017. The three-day event is specifically designed to facilitate learning exchange on the inclusive coffee value chain. It is expected to encourage strategic alliance among the farmers’ cooperatives, policy makers, and private sectors as well as to promote collective marketing under the ASEAN Centre for the Development of Agricultural Cooperative (ACEDAC) coordination. The expected outputs from ALSPEAC 2017 and Chiang Mai 2017 events are:
- Seven national networks/focal points of Coffee Agricultural Cooperatives that would bring unified participation of coffee cooperatives in the national and regional coffee dialogues;
- A comprehensive case study on AFOSP Coffee Farmers’ Cooperatives;
- A Coffee Farmers’ Cooperatives directory serves as a baseline data for ACEDAC.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Under direct supervision of Communications & Marketing Manager and AFOSP Project Manager, the Communication Assistant will:
1. Assist with the execution of the communication strategy and activities to promote effective communications with external and internal audiences for the AFOSP and ASEAN Foundation.
2. Support the writing, production and dissemination AFOSP & AF social media content under the supervision of Communications and Marketing Manager.
3. Provide inputs for the concept of various publications (flyer, brochure, banner and video) of AFOSP program.
4. Help to organise and execute event related to AFOSP programs including handling media relations (printed, online, television and radio)
5. Support/assist oversee the work of AFOSP and AF communications vendor (photographer, videographer, web developer, writer and graphic designer) and make sure that all communication collaterals produced by these vendors aligned to AFOSP and AF branding guidelines.
Education and Experience:
· Completion of Bachelor degree in relevant field combined with experience in communications, media relations, public relations or campus/community organizations, fresh graduate is encourage to apply.
Qualifications and Technical Skill:
· Skills on wide range of communications tools, including digital, media and marketing skills.
· Exceptional English communication skills, both written and verbal. In particular, strong-copy writing for brochures, websites, social media as well as creating project/program report.
· Experience in event management/coordination.
· Experience in video editing, Photoshop and desktop publishing software would be a plus.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Creative and innovative in developing and implementing communication strategies, designing communication products and in using different medium, including social media.
· Ability to work on own initiative to build on and develop the job combined with the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
· Good programme management skills, highly organized with good attention to detail and developed ability to prioritise multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines and organise works.
Consultancy assignment/contract for a 3 month duration. This is open to ASEAN nationals residing in Indonesia.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications to the e-mail address procurement@aseanfoundation.
; please put the subject CA_ALSPEAC. The application should consist of:
a. Curriculum vitae
b. One minute video describing your motivation to work at ASEAN Foundation.