The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German implementing organization which provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
In a world of global value-added and supply chains, a well-functioning and internationally harmonized quality infrastructure (QI) is essential for an efficient trading system and sustainable economic growth. Standardization, conformity assessment and accreditation, market monitoring as well as measurement are fundamental prerequisites for the safety of industrial production plants, the production and distribution of high-quality products and the protection of consumers against dangerous products.
Through international cooperation in the global economic relations the Federal Republic of Germany works towards on the harmonization of the QI, the improvement of the safety of traded products as well as in the sense of a level playing field on fair market access and production conditions as well as balanced legal framework conditions.
The German Federal Government therefore conducts political-led specialist dialogues on QI with strategically important trading partners such as Brazil, China, India, Indonesia (ASEAN) and Mexico.
The "Global Platform Quality Infrastructure" project, which was commissioned by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy (BMWi), ensures that key players from industry and society are involved in these dialogues, and cooperation activities on agreed topics are developed and implemented. Through project teams on-site, the Global QI platform also plays an important role in radar for new regulatory and technical challenges. It also serves as a crisis reaction mechanism that enables the BMWi to react flexibly and quickly to new developments in the area of product safety and QI in cooperation with the partner governments.
GIZ seeks a qualified Indonesian candidate for one position of
(Senior) Technical Advisor Quality Infrastructure
You are an expert in the field of standardization, conformity assessment, accreditation and product safety. You are a team player and eager to bring in your expertise, experiences and networks into a highly dynamic field and international team. You are solution oriented, able to explain complex issues in a comprehensible way and you like thinking outside the box.
The job holder supports the project in the political and technical dialogue between the stakeholders to work towards reducing technical barriers to trade (TBT) and ensuing consumer safety. S/he is responsible for:
- managing the project lines within one of the project components (e.g. product safety and market surveillance), and
- providing policy and technical advice for BMWi and other stakeholders to meet the project objectives.
1. Management and Coordination:
- Contributes to conceptual and operational planning of the assigned component (i.e. defining objectives, designing and scheduling activities, resources);
- Ensures and expands cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with relevant stakeholders;
- Designs and implements activities with the support of the experts from the stakeholders;
- Monitors project progress and the activities, identifies bottlenecks and recommends alternatives;
- Documents project activities, results, experiences, and best practices to ensure knowledge transfer;
- Researches and monitors policy and economic developments on a continuous basis (e.g. newspapers, technical publications, academic articles, surveys and statistical data, government reports);
- Develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concept papers and reports for the assigned component;
- Formulates terms of reference and supervises third parties in the course of carrying out project activities such as drafting studies, manuals, guidelines and performance evaluation;
3. Other duties/additional tasks:
- Active participation in conferences and moderation of workshops;
- Performs ad hoc duties and tasks at the request of BMWi and management.
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- At least Bachelor degree in an area that is related to the project/programme objectives, with a focus on a relevant field;
- 5-10 years’ professional experience, with at least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position (e.g. in governmental / international organizations, technical-scientific organizations, private sector) in the field of standardization, conformity-assessment and product safety;
- Demonstrable expertise in the field of standardization, conformity assessment, accreditation and preferably in product safety and market surveillance;
- Advanced degree in an area relevant to the project, preferably in economics, engineering, business administration, public policy with a focus on a relevant field;
- Knowledge of the quality infrastructure landscape in Indonesia and areas of bilateral trade (if possible with Germany);
- Experience in managing complex multi-stakeholder projects in an international context
- Experience in working with stakeholders from the industrial sector in India/Germany
- Advanced skills in designing, facilitating and moderating internal and external workshops and possibly capacity building events
- Advanced skills to independently write project reports and studies and for different target groups
- Publications in the field of quality Infrastructure / trade barriers is an advantage
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English; German knowledge would be an advantage;
- Very good human skills to interact;
- Focused, proactive and positive working attitude;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a global team;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to encourage collaboration with other programs, international offices, and partners;
- Aware of social and intercultural sensitivities, flexible and possess a sense of diplomacy;
- Adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and able to manage multiple deadlines and deliver high quality work products;
- Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management;
- Availability to travel within Indonesia or abroad on short notice
Duty Station: Jakarta
Expected Joining Date: September 2017
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor of Global Platform Quality Infrastructure project
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including latest photograph and list of references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 14th, 2017 with subject line GPQI – TAQI
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Putra Pangeran_CV or Putra Pangeran_Motivation Letter or Putra Pangeran_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified